Klipsch prices are getting stupid

RickFL

I think that if the sellers had to pay for the ad they would not place these adds. USAM, Facebook and Craigslist all free for this kind of B.S. ads IMO. I have not sold anything on the bay in a long time, it used to be you don't pay anything if it doesn't sell?

Just my two cents

Rich

People are asking outrageous prices for Klipsch Speakers...IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!!..THEY CAN ASK WHATEVER THEY WANT, BUT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GET IT.  THEY ARE BLOWHARDS!!!.  The people on this forum (for the most part) know what the Klipsch used speaker is worth and are not willing to sucked into a poor deal.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Asking and selling are two entirely different things. Classic Audio Prattville, Ala last month had a pair of Heresy's for $600. Not sure if they still have them but they looked nice to me.  

There's a pair of HBR Heresy I's being sold on local craigslist for $600, lowered from $700, in good condition. There's also a pair of kg 1.5's that just appeared today for A reasonable $85.

There ARE sane people out there.

I know it all seems high/crazy, and I'll agree with OP on the Heresy example, but I see it as the market knowing and realizing what they really are and worth to a degree (see Mac stuff 30 years ago). We said for years that these speakers (like Cornwalls, LaScalas, etc) were the greatest speaker deals on the planet with sound quality far exceeding their cost, and that was absolutely correct. Today, people are paying what they think they are worth, and given the performance it's hard to really argue - and I say all this full well knowing "the magic trick" of getting this stuff for pennies on the dollar years ago, while home designers were forcing the expulsion of Heritage to the favor of "sound cubes" and acoustic messes.

Remember too that with the increase in price comes the "right buyer" ponying up the coin because they are close, or just the vintage the buyer wants, or whatever, and you then see what used to be outliers becoming the norm. The secret is out now and the market is speaking.

So you can blame it on us crowding all up in here yapping for the decade of 2000-2010 about how good of a deal and how awesome these are and how it's crazy these are out of production. Well take a look at things now. Feel free to forward the commission check to this inbox (or said certificate for a free pair of Cornwall IV) for letting the world know what they were all missing, and for increasing the value in these precious assets and getting Klipsch back into the business of building a Heritage LINE. Just the fact they are building Forte IVs tells me they are making a big success of it. We told you so 🙂 

• Like 1

Check these out, quite a bargain!  The much coveted 601s for $3K. 

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/7558562031.html

Prices can get too high.  I just passed up a local pair of Marten Django XLs for $4K.  They sounded amazing and I was really tempted, but where would I put them?  Point is if I had to choose between say a pair of 1970s Cornwalls or those for the same price, easy decision. 

19 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Prices can get too high.  I just passed up a local pair of Marten Django XLs for $4K.  They sounded amazing and I was really tempted, but where would I put them?  Point is if I had to choose between say a pair of 1970s Cornwalls or those for the same price, easy decision. 

Those Djangos have been on my radar for years. If a pair came around close enough to pick them up, I'd definitely give 'em a listen.

24 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

That is way high for 601s. At least they are black.