KG 5.5 Front Panel Rattle/Rear Panel Re-Glued

badmotofing3r

I recently picked up a set of 5.5's. My lil' Yamaha A-S301 rattled the back panel loose. I re-glued it from the inside and has worked great since. 

Now, I recently acquired a Denon POA-2200. Man this thing rips. But, sadly the front panel on the same speaker has now come loose. Since I already re-glued the back, how would one go about fixing the front panel with limited access? I really don't want to re-glue it from the front (if that'd even work) with the fear of the speaker looking like total redneck garbage. Thanks guys.

- Zach

Edited by badmotofing3r
  • Like 1

Would take the top 10 inch speaker out and notice the wiring for when you put it back.

Could be able to reach both front sides from the port you would have.

@badmotofing3r  

Edit: The guys will say more as, may not fix, may come back to rattle over time. Baffle front remove?

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Would take the top 10 inch speaker out and notice the wiring for when you put it back.

@badmotofing3r  

Edit: The guys will say more as, may not fix, may come back to rattle over time. Baffle front remove?

Just do a search here, if want.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 5:48 PM, billybob said:

@badmotofing3r  

Ended up removing the front panel carefully. Scraped old glue out and sanded all edges. Re-glued with Gorilla Glue. Jammed on them hard with zero issues. Fingers crossed my other one stays intact. Haven’t had a problem with him yet.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, badmotofing3r said:

Ended up removing the front panel carefully. Scraped old glue out and sanded all edges. Re-glued with Gorilla Glue. Jammed on them hard with zero issues. Fingers crossed my other one stays intact. Haven’t had a problem with him yet.

Yes, never a problem with mine. Good glue! Good job!

• Like 1