What can you tell me about these Belles…?

dkpack99

A friend has these speakers.. He says they’re in good/ok condition, but doesn’t know that much about them. The crossovers say Type AB, also say K55M. Anyone have any idea of how old they are? How about value (if in average condition)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dave P.

03E4B6CB-614B-45E0-9B69-38C53574B577.jpeg

Edited by dkpack99

23 hours ago, geoff. said:

If they are not cat-scratched and chipped, and all drivers are working, I wouldn’t hesitate to pay 2 grand.

Those are oiled oak from 1986 so they would have the AB-2 crossover (a plus).

Thanks again for your prompt and polite response Geoff! I bought the Belle’s! The seller was the original owner and they’ve basically never been moved or touched. They’re in mint condition and sound great. I’m a relative newbie in Klipsch world and you and others s around here are very helpful for those of us taking the plunge into the Klipsch world. Thanks again!

Congratulations!

You only regret the ones you let get away.

And to this day I regret letting almost the same pair get away YEARS ago for $2200. I had just bought Forte 2s for $800 and couldn’t justify more than double the price. I would have no problem justifying that purchase knowing what I know now.

I ended up paying $1800. They sound great, look great and now that I’m using my Forte ii’s as center and surround it’s really a big upgrade all around for my HT system. I’ll need to figure out a better pre/amp for dedicated 2 channel listening, but it’s already great!

1 hour ago, geoff. said:

Congratulations!

You only regret the ones you let get away.

And to this day I regret letting almost the same pair get away YEARS ago for $2200. I had just bought Forte 2s for $800 and couldn’t justify more than double the price. I would have no problem justifying that purchase knowing what I know now.

Similar situation here.  About 15 years ago I bought a pair of forte II for $275, a few days later a pair of Belles showed up for $500 and I passed on them.  😬

• Like 1