Heresy IV's as center channel speaker/speakers

RLink

Hello everyone.  Question, would Heresy IV's (Pair) make for a good center channel speaker or speakers?   I currently have the RC 64III and its beautiful but I have to increase the volume quite substantially for this center channel compared to the rest of my surround sound speakers to be able to hear the voices sometimes when watching a movie.

Any input or suggestions welcomed....................Happy Thanksgiving to all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OO1 said:

the RC 64 III only has 1 HF Driver  , so yes a  Heresy IV  pair would be a better choice for vocals , since you will now have 2 tweeters and 2 Midrange drivers 

Sounds good to me, thanks OO1!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 6:02 PM, RLink said:

Hello everyone.  Question, would Heresy IV's (Pair) make for a good center channel speaker or speakers?   I currently have the RC 64III and its beautiful but I have to increase the volume quite substantially for this center channel compared to the rest of my surround sound speakers to be able to hear the voices sometimes when watching a movie.

Any input or suggestions welcomed....................Happy Thanksgiving to all.

You should use the center speaker designed to match your front pair.  If your fronts are H IVs, use a 3rd for the center.  If the RC-64 III matches your front mains, get a sound meter and calibrate your system.  Sometimes movies are mixed so that dialog is not clearly audible.  That doesn't happen regularly in my system, but it does.  It must be a "style" for film makers. 

Hello.  The fronts are Cornwall 3's.  I have a brand new pair of Heresy 4's in the closet wanting to use them.   Ended up selling the RC 64III, beautiful speaker but just not impressed with the sound quality for a center speaker.  Also, looking at the SVS Ultra Center Speaker as it gets great reviews.

Thanks for the input to calibrate and all.

An H IV will be a better tonal match than anything else short of a 3rd CW III. 

I use a Heresy between my 2 La Scalas.  I modified the crossover to be as similar to the LA Scala crossover as practical.  It much like the HIP's crossover.