Forte IV speaker finish

Chiily

My apologies if this has been covered, I have found some suggestions but nothing conclusive.

I have a pair of distressed Oak Forte IVs, one month of ownership and enjoying them.  Could someone please tell me how the wood is finished? I suspect that it is some matt lacquer rather than an oil or wax finish, but I can't find anything definite either way.

I'm asking because I have a tin of this stuff PIPIHUA Wood Seasoning Beewax, Traditional Beeswax Polish for Wood & Conditioner,100 ml with Sponge(Lemon) https://amzn.eu/d/iAyJpIG which I've found works wonderfully with wood of all types, certainly not heavy or sticky.  Anyway I was wondering if it would be safe to apply to my Forte IVs.

Ta

How do you remove the wax in the future if you need to do something ?

I applied oil to my speakers, which as I understand it, turns to plastic after it soaks in.

The furniture store was pushing furniture polish for wood, does it hurt the glue under the veneer ?

9 hours ago, Bubo said:

How do you remove the wax in the future if you need to do something ?

I applied oil to my speakers, which as I understand it, turns to plastic after it soaks in.

The furniture store was pushing furniture polish for wood, does it hurt the glue under the veneer ?

I'd be surprised if the polish worked it's way to bottom of the veneer.

Wax can be removed with spirits and some fine wirewool.

• Like 1