Advice for a new guy in the Klipsch World

guido23

Hello everyone.

I am Guido, i am living in Switzerland. I just moved here, i come from Argentina.

I love listening to music, i have a lot of cds, blu rays and vinyls, and still buying and collecting. Also like watching movies...

So, i decided to start little by little developing a nice sound system at home.

I just bought a Yamaha RX-V4A 5.2 channel receiver, to connect TV, BluRax and Turntable to it.

Now, let's go to speakers. (I am adding an orientating layout of my living room, to be clear.)

I am buying now my front speakers L/R. In the future i would buy if needed a sub and i would like to ad for sure a center speaker for movies. Eventually, i would add satellites to have the 5.1 system, but that is not my priority. With a good 2.0 / 2.1 system and eventually adding a center speaker, i would be satisfied.

Here comes the question / advice needed:

I can buy now a pair of:

• RP-600M II (new model)
  • R-600F (new model)
  • R-820F (old model)
  • RP-5000F (old model)

I like floorstanding speakers, and i think they will fill more the room than the 600M. But maybe, with the 600M and then adding 1/2 subs i will get a better experience.

I read you.

Thanks!

living.png

Edited by guido23
  • Like 1

@guido23Yes, if your room can handle the size, definitely floorstanders. The biggest ones available. Would also look at what center speaker that would match it  eventually. Different ways to get there depending on availability and price, if it matters.

Even buying the 600m now and pushing it them into surrounds eventually. Could make choice on subwoofer after you hear your fronts perform.

Cool if receiver has inputs for phono or not.

Others can and will have ideas.

Switzerland sounds nice and

Welcome...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, billybob said:

@guido23Yes, if your room can handle the size, definitely floorstanders. The biggest ones available. Would also look at what center speaker that would match it  eventually. Different ways to get there depending on availability and price, if it matters.

Even buying the 600m now and pushing it them into surrounds eventually. Could make choice on subwoofer after you hear your fronts perform.

Cool if receiver has inputs for phono or not.

Others can and will have ideas.

Switzerland sounds nice and

Welcome...

Hi! Thank you! Glad to be here. 

The thing is that the floorstanders can be 8” size if they are from the reference series or 5” if they are reference premier. If not, i can get the 600II bookshelf. 

otherwise… just wait more and try to save more money

• Like 1

Get the floorstanders that play as low as possible, and are within your budget. That way you'll be less inclined to crave a subwoofer, until you build your home theater.

Bookshelf speakers are for people with limited budgets and room space, or for those that already have a subwoofer to pair them with.

New or old model, used or new; doesn't matter. Speakers don't really change that much from model year to year in sound quality to justify getting a newer model.

Dealers, and Klipsch, are trying to liquidate old inventory to make room for new, so there are good deals to be had on the Klipsch web site during the holidays but you have to act fast because inventories are usually limited.

Since you only listed one bookshelf speaker, that will certainly be outperformed by the 3 floorstanders you have listed.

Lastly, at some point the speaker's size aesthetically overwhelms the room. You'll have to ask yourself whether that's the case and which speaker size-wise would be visually acceptable in that room. In my case, I would not want a speaker that's so tall that it starts to block a window so I would consider height when choosing a floorstanding speaker.

Let us know what you choose, and perhaps show us a picture once you get then set up!

6 hours ago, guido23 said:

Hi! Thank you! Glad to be here. 

The thing is that the floorstanders can be 8” size if they are from the reference series or 5” if they are reference premier. If not, i can get the 600II bookshelf. 

otherwise… just wait more and try to save more money

8s are the ones I meant. If you have a chance at other 8 inch choices, let us know.