HiFi Forum, new one!

John Warren

I've been a regular member on this forum for 22 years!  I've posted a lot of stuff here.  

That said, I've created a forum for experimentalist, builders and engineers.  It's not linked to my webpage.  It's for those that have interest in designing and building hardware.   There's also Marketplace section where gear can be sold and a section where members can list parts and components they're looking to acquire.  I have no interest in advertising on it, I have plenty of server capacity elsewhere for advertising.  I'm interested in idea generation and exploring concepts.  Manufacturers are welcome too but no advertisements. 

Here's the link:

North Reading Engineering Forum - Index

Also, a few years back, I tried getting a forum up but had all sorts of issues with bots and attacks and decided to take it down.  The forum software (SMF) I'm using now appears to be better configured to resist internet garbage.  That remains to be seen. 

jw

PS.  I'll leave it up for a few months and contribute to it with projects I'm currently working on!   If there's interest in the forum, I'll leave it up.  Also, if there's interest in other topics then shoot me an email at

forum@northreadingeng.com

• Like 8

13 hours ago, boom3 said:

Signed up!

Excellent!

FWIW, I've added a few more boards but intend to keep the format simple.  I've used Simple Machines Forum software.  It's been around for some time, is powerful, open source and well maintained with regular patches and upgrades.  There are two security questions to answer at registration (answers are not case sensitive and are: Binghamton, resistance) and an anti-spam visual verification image to decipher (the bots are pretty good at getting past those however).   Might have to incorporate reCAPTCHA if the bots are too much, so we shall see.