Matching speakers to my Heresy IV

sportklotz33

Hi Guys,

quite new here in this community :)
I own a pair of Heresy IV (walnut) and listening to music in my living room is amazing. To complete my setup for movies and other stuff, where I am not listening to Stereo/Hifi music, I would like to complement my Heresy's with matching Klipsch speakers.

I would like to add a Center, Subwoofer, Surrounds L+R and Surround Back L+R.

What is important to me, that the new speakers match the walnut veneer (or even better the mesh as well) of my Heresy IV. Probably not possible, but here is what I already thought about:

Center:

- Another Heresy IV (walnut) OR

- RP-504c II OR

- RP404c II

Surr L+R:

- RP-502 II

Surr Back L+R: 
- RP-600M II OR

- RP-500M II (because of the smaller size)

Subwoofer:

- something small but didn't find anything in walnut :(

Hope you have some suggestions / experience / ideas and so on :)

Thank you and all the best from Germany,
sportklotz33

Hi billybob,

thank you :)

My living room is not that big - roughly 32 square meter. I attached an old floor plan of the living room and painted a few things on it.
The green block shows my sofa. The pink marks are outlets of speaker cables for surrounds, surround backs and center. The pink boxes are the Heresy IVs. 
Didn't paint a center speaker outlet as I don't have one and need to pull a cable to the AVR that is dark blue. 

The Surr outlets are 2,2meters from the ground on the wall. I think mounting speakers on 2meters is possible. That means, that they would be mounted 1meter above the ears. (Does this make sense?)

Thank you :)

IMG_0001.JPG

• Like 1

Let's start with the subwoofer. You may have to go with what is available to begin to match veneer. In some HT systems the sub is hidden, or at least not as well seen as the front speakers. You mentioned small. You may get lucky. Likely could get away with an 8 or 10 inch.

Were you thinking of placing the sub near the front speakers as is common lately?

More to follow...

Looking at your proposed list and being mostly prewired, can see you having about whatever you want in that room with views. Your proposed 7.1 audio system looks workable in whichever choices you make.

As to the center choice, either the Heresy 4 which will create a matching front stage sonically and visibly of course. The 504 will work but expect less harmony and heritage like sound. All of the newer choices use different speaker type than the Heresy, yet is capable of being adjusted to sound well enough for most.

Others will come into this topic with their views and opinions.

Instead of me saying too much

that you may already know, please ask specific questions.

Billy

Thank you billybob for your insights and views.

True - I thought about another Heresy 4 as center. Hard to get in Germany for a decent price (I was lucky on the pair of Heresy 4 ;) ) but would be the "master-option".

For the 7.1 setup I still don't know if I could use 4 of the RP-502 II as they are dipoles, right? Wouldn't the sound flow in a wrong direction, if I place them as surround backs?

My first intention on the subwoofer was to place it near or beside a front speaker. I have another view options for the placement, but then I would need to work with a wireless transmitter setup and I am not sure if this will work perfectly. And coming back to the point, that I would have liked an identical look like the Heritage Series, there is not such a woofer Klipsch is offering. :(

• Like 1

As for the distance from rear surrounds and side surrounds, that prewired position seems well enough. Unless the side and rears have enough distance from each other for the sound to remain somewhat independent of each other, you could consider forgoing for the moment and just using rears.

Choices, options until you can hear what you have and then decide farther down the line.

Will await your response.

1 minute ago, sportklotz33 said:

Awesome - thank you so much. 

I wanted to like your posts, but can't find a button to push 😂

Appreciate the thought. Really am not wanting or in need of likes.

Main thing is your getting the answers you want and need so. Just ask...

• Like 1