Dope From Hope Book Has Launched (12/31/2023)

• Moderators

From Love Injection, the Museum's publication partner on this exciting project*:

Mark your calendar: January 31st 2023 is the new Kickstarter launch date! Excited to embark on this campaign nearly two years after Covid derailed our plans to launch in March of 2020.

It’s been a wild ride marked by supply chain disruption and price increases in both pulp and therefore, paper. That said, the time has come for relaunching the Dope From Hope book campaign and we’re excited to reconnect with the global Klipsch community. It comes after a period in which a lot of us reconsidered the way we listened at home, and in which the art of listening and hifi conquered new minds and ears, which makes us optimistic about getting people access to the newsletters.

With the Kickstarter ahead of us, we’ll be sharing community highlights, never-before-seen archival materials from the Klipsch Museum of Audio History, behind the scenes footage, and more. Be a friend, say hi! We are open for questions, conversation, and photos of setups from around the world - email us @ hi@loveinjection.nyc 

Be the first to know when the campaign launches by signing up for emails on our website @ www.dopefromhope.com

*The Dope From Hope Book is being produced independently by Love Injection Fanzine with support from the Klipsch Museum of Audio History's Board of Directors (especially Curator Jim Hunter), Klipsch Group Inc. and Creative Director, Matt Sommers, and Colleen Cosmo Murphy.

image.png.de289d4e98f991b1f56b1ffb94759201.png

716088977_RELAUNCH2.thumb.png.d6c5ac86f8846e4214b402a0b20b22eb.png

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 11:48 PM, Travis In Austin said:

The official Dope from Hope book Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/dopefromhope 

Is there another link or source of information for those of us who refuse to do Facebook? I’m still waiting for a confirmation email from the “campaign signup.” Thanks.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, michaelwjones said:

Is there another link or source of information for those of us who refuse to do Facebook? I’m still waiting for a confirmation email from the “campaign signup.” Thanks.

Great question. I believe that the two principles of Loveinjection are on the Forum and I will see if they can respond. I think they will say that the website will be the official point of reference for non FB or instagram people.

Travis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 11/28/2022 at 9:16 PM, Travis In Austin said:

hi@loveinjection.nyc 

Be the first to know when the campaign launches by signing up for emails on our website @ www.dopefromhope.com

For non-Facebook/Instagram people, email and the website. You can sign up for notifications by email on the dopefromhope.com site. 

Travis

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! Barbie and Paul here who are behind the Kickstarter campaign launching on January 31st 2023.

Very excited about the prospect of this book coming to life, as it's been a long time in the making. First conversations started around 2018, and in 2019 we traveled to Hope to visit the Museum, talk to everyone involved, and officially pitch the project. We were all set to launch the 30 day campaign in March of 2020, just two days after the US went into lockdown. As you can imagine, it was a big blow to put it on hold, but it felt best to not dive in to such precarious waters. 

Now, almost 3 years after our original date, we are fully ready to launch! The past two years were not easy, considering all the supply chain disruptions in which the cost of paper skyrocketed. Things are feeling back to quasi-normal in the publishing world, and with renewed interest in how we listen at home, we feel this is the perfect time. 

The book will only be available as a preorder via Kickstarter from January 31st for 30 days. Because Kickstarter is an "all or nothing" platform, if we don't get funded, the book won't get made. We are setting out to print 1000 copies, which will be the first-ever book putting together the full collection of Dope From Hope, plus words by Jim Hunter and Colleen 'Cosmo' Murphy. The book will feature high resolution scans of the newsletters, plus never before seen materials and drafts. It will be a beautiful cloth hardcover, foil stamped, coffee table book size. 

For those not on social media, you can sign up for updates in two ways: 

- On the Dope From Hope website, where you'll hear from us directly leading up to and on launch day: https://www.dopefromhope.com/

- On the Kickstarter Preview Page, where you'll be notified by Kickstarter once the project is live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243483657/the-dope-from-hope-book

Our campaign page will feature a short video explaining the journey to date :) but we can't reveal that just yet. We can share a rough mockup of what the book will look like, though final design may be tweaked, the parameters won't change much. 

For those who already signed up for updates on dopefromhope.com or on the campaign itself, there's nothing to do for now but hang tight! We are rolling out some exclusive archival material straight from the Klipsch Museum of Audio History's archives on social, for those who dabble in it. 

If you have any questions for us, from who we are to why we're doing this, we'd be happy to answer! Our Klipsch journey is quite unconventional and always makes for fun stories.

Thanks for reading!
Barbie and Paul 

3 DFH Ad 1080x1080.jpeg

3 DFH Ad 1080x1350.jpeg

5 DFH Ad 1080x1080.jpeg

1 DFH Ad 1080x1080.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Travis In Austin changed the title to Dope From Hope Book Has Launched (12/31/2023)

Is this Dope From Hope an updated version of the older versions?

I have The Klipsch Audio Paper (1977), and a copy of Dope From Hope I purchased for $10.00 in 1979.

Been years since I looked over them.  At a glance, some of the articles date back to 1960.

Interested to see what has changed in 44 + years.

Onkyo TX-NR7100

Klipsch KLF-30 Mains

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center Channel

Klipsch RS-52 Surrounds

Klipsch R120SW Subwoofer

29A109A4-0215-4ABF-ACCC-F8A9A68B8506.jpeg

91CD885B-FC9D-41F9-8EDD-7B71487CC84E.jpeg

E0DDD982-AEFB-4603-BED7-DA92B7B5E223.jpeg

93814CF1-70B1-474C-9752-0EAF6AF2223B.jpeg

48A8AB84-2F15-4637-91E8-D686A9508599.jpeg

Edited by RazorCat

On 11/29/2022 at 5:16 AM, Travis In Austin said:

From Love Injection, the Museum's publication partner on this exciting project*:

Mark your calendar: January 31st 2023 is the new Kickstarter launch date! Excited to embark on this campaign nearly two years after Covid derailed our plans to launch in March of 2020.

It’s been a wild ride marked by supply chain disruption and price increases in both pulp and therefore, paper. That said, the time has come for relaunching the Dope From Hope book campaign and we’re excited to reconnect with the global Klipsch community. It comes after a period in which a lot of us reconsidered the way we listened at home, and in which the art of listening and hifi conquered new minds and ears, which makes us optimistic about getting people access to the newsletters.

With the Kickstarter ahead of us, we’ll be sharing community highlights, never-before-seen archival materials from the Klipsch Museum of Audio History, behind the scenes footage, and more. Be a friend, say hi! We are open for questions, conversation, and photos of setups from around the world - email us @ hi@loveinjection.nyc 

*The Dope From Hope Book is being produced independently by Love Injection Fanzine with support from the Klipsch Museum of Audio History's Board of Directors (especially Curator Jim Hunter), Klipsch Group Inc. and Creative Director, Matt Sommers, and Colleen Cosmo Murphy.

image.png.de289d4e98f991b1f56b1ffb94759201.png

716088977_RELAUNCH2.thumb.png.d6c5ac86f8846e4214b402a0b20b22eb.png

It's great to know more details about your project. For me, these are new ideas for preparing my works. Moreover, lately we have to prepare large quantities of them. And I found a source that I can rely on in this matter  https://assignmentbro.com/ca/assignment-writing-services I can complete even the most complex projects on time and efficiently.

Really exciting project, looking forward to it.

Edited by Catpet