It's done

Apparition

Well, I did it. I ordered the 4.2 system. Despite some annoying features (Have to turn down the other set when headphones are plugged in, have to make sure they are both set to the same volume) they are by far the best PC speakers on the planet. They should come the beginning of next week. Wish me luck.

quote:

Originally posted by Apparition:

Despite some annoying features they are by far the best PC speakers on the planet. They should come the beginning of next week.

that's a pretty big claim you make seeing that you haven't even heard the speakers yet tongue.gif

• Like 1

quote:

Originally posted by Btrigg:

Your a little full of yourself there. Most people in this bb don't know about videologic (or choose to ignore them so they can say that pros are the best).

even more people don't know about Acoustic Energy (what i have wink.gif)

• Like 1

quote:

Originally posted by snapgt:

k27-R: Those Acoustic Energy's are a 2.1 system, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't have a 4.1 system out yet. Are there any reviews of the Acoustic Energy speakers around?

-snap-

a 5.1 upgrade will be available this summer. 2 rears, one center, and a decoder. the only review for these speakers is in last month's Stereophile magazine, they were on the cover.

you can only buy these speakers at specialty home theater stores, so...

i had v2-400's, sold them for the 4.1's......sold the 4.1's, and got the AE's. although it's only a 2.1 system, i have to say...i'm in love with them smile.gif the only downside is that they're pricey!! only about 5 home theater stores in my area (SF Bay) carried them, and the prices ranged from $500-$700 eek.gif but if you're looking for the highest quality audio possible, they are sooooooo worth it. although i didn't pay that much for them wink.gif

• Like 1

Heh, since this seems to be a bragging post, *I* take home the crown with my perdy lil' setup smile.gif

Yamaha HTR5250 Reciever

Acoustic Research 206HO x 2

Acoustic Research CS25HO centre channel

Sony SAWM40 sub

Heh, you haven't heard what a computer can do till you've heard them on thes babies smile.gif

You can always hook up ht speakers to your PC or buy ht speakers tweaked for PCs, but the truth is that most PC audio sounds like crap. I don't think there is any point to throwing an extra $200 into your setup to get a small increase in sound quality. Mp3s can only sound so good, there is a point where they won't sound any better. In my opinion, Klipsch's speakers are as good as you will ever need for the PC.

Ok, it's on then smile.gif

My 2 pairs of AR 206HO's, a AR CS25HO centre and a Sony SAWM40 sub vs. your Aegis Two's smile.gif

If yours had a sub built IN, then maybe, but from the looks of it, and reviews, it'd have a hard time matching mine :P What you DO have over me tho, is the sound card, yours being an audiophile card. One thing I couldn't find on the specs of it for some reason, how many channels does that card support? Anyways, my Acoustic Edge does the job QUITE nicely. Also, what reciever you using?

As for the Pro's being all you COULD need to get the most out of a computer... BWHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH! Ok, while the Pro's are EXCELLENT multimedia speakers, and sound amazing, they are by NO means a match for an actual home theatre package hooked upto a computer. One of my friends has the 4.1's, and listening to his system compared to mine is almost like comparing a clock radio to a high quality car stereo, in other words, there is no real comparison.

it's not the Aegis Two's.....these speakers that i have are just these wee little Aego2's. it's just a lil active 2.1 system but looks can be very deceiving , trust me wink.gif the soundstage is HUGE, if you close your eyes, you'd think they were much larger speakers. and the imaging...wow, it's jaw dropping. everytime i listen to them the sound quality amazes me.. i was listening to Matchbox Twenty, i closed my eyes, and it sounded like Rob Thomas and the band was in my room, so i got scared eek.giffrown.gifbiggrin.gif they're also meant to be used as a HT system, 5.1 upgrade w/ decoder will be available in the summer.

as for the sound card, it's a professional stereo sound card that offers the highest sound quality possible. sound quality like that of those thousand dollar 24bit DVD/CD players. i don't watch movies, only listen to music, so i'm a very happy camper smile.gif

my set up can't reach the volume of your setup tho, so you got that on me smile.gif

• Like 1

For clarity, the only reason ya beat me out is cause my setup IS gonna be used for DVD's, music and gaming, so I had to get a more appropriate card :P

Heh, as for soundstage, ya haven't experienced anything yet till you take my setup, with all the volume controls on the computer at max, have the volume knob on the reciever at the 12 o'clock position, and open a high quality file, and just sit back, while the entire house literally shakes, and someone on the SIDEWALK outside your house can hear it smile.gif (PS. at those volumes, it's so damn clear, it's frightening!)

And ya still haven't answered the question about which reciever ya have smile.gif Hopefully it's a good one, otherwise there's not much point in having that kickass card of yours.

Oh, teehee, I just kinda skimmed through that one smile.gif Anyways, I'm dead tired, so no energy to search for specs on your speakers. Are they amplified or are you using something else to power them?

As for soundstage thingy, well, at normal sitting position, it does provide a very real feeling that you're actually there, when music is being played (like your experience). Heh, but mine's louder, so :P