denon receiver setup with 7.1.4 atmos

Jeremy

I purchased a Denon avr-x4700H (9.2ch 125W) receiver to use with my new R-800F 7.1.4 home theatre system.

I have run four cables to the rear of my room for the left and right surrounds and left and right backs. These four are the r50m bookshelves. The atmos speakers (r40sa speakers) will sit on the top of my back speakers. 

I saw in the pictures that the atmos speakers can plug into the top of the bookshelf speakers they sit on top of. 

Should I run separate wires from my receiver for them? Or just plug into the bookshelf speakers?

ie should I run six runs of cable to the back of my room or four?

Edited by Jeremy
Typo

• Jeremy changed the title to denon receiver setup with 7.1.4 atmos

Thank you for such a quick reply I appreciate it.

if I wanted to use the other pair of r40sa on top of my front left and right speakers. Could I plug them into the top of those and share the connection? Or best to not have them in set up? 

without buying a whole new receiver (the 11 channel is a little bit too steep price wise) what is another way to use these speakers to get 7.1.4?

2 hours ago, Jeremy said:

Thank you for such a quick reply I appreciate it.

if I wanted to use the other pair of r40sa on top of my front left and right speakers. Could I plug them into the top of those and share the connection? Or best to not have them in set up? 

without buying a whole new receiver (the 11 channel is a little bit too steep price wise) what is another way to use these speakers to get 7.1.4?

Your receiver has pre-outs for 11 channels, so you'll have to get an external amp to connect to the HEIGHT2 pre-amp outputs and connect your second Atmos pair to that amplifier.

Don't wire your second Atmos pair into any other speakers.