Lost a dear friend today

wuzzzer

A good friend of mine passed away today from complications of Parkinson's disease.  He was diagnosed with it over 10 years ago and degraded rapidly.  The past couple years he was just a shell of his former self.  Couldn't speak, basically catatonic.

He bought a pair of RF-7s when they first came out.  They were maple.  He and his wife had us over and I remember listening to tons of music on them.  It was the first time I had ever heard or seen them.  I was in love with the cerametallic cones and the maple finish was gorgeous.  They sounded incredible and he was only using a mid-level Denon receiver.  I was hooked from that point on.

Shortly after that I bought a pair of RF-25s and eventually made my way up to RF-7s.  Then the Heritage bug bit and that's where I'm at now.

Brent's favorite songs to play on his RF-7s were Hotel California and Take Me Home (Phil Collins).  I'll always think of him when I hear those songs.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

It's said that we die twice:  once when our body stops, and a second time when our name is mentioned for the last time.  With that in mind, say his name often, if only in your mind.  He seems to have been a big part of your life, so keep him in your life by thinking of him often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1