Awesome products, poor customer service

al78

I do not understand this, how can a company such as this have such a poor customer service and policy. 

I ordered 2 floor speakers online from the refurbished selection and then I saw them listed on sale as new for even cheaper. I don't care about price difference but at least I would like to get them new. However, you cannot change order once placed. Mind boggling in my opinion. I called today to ask about options since order was not yet shipped, the rep said she will reach out to the warehouse and email me back. Does anyone know a better way to do this? I have to order 2 sets and return one. Is the return shipping covered by Klipsh in such situations, does anyone know?

• Haha 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, al78 said:

I do not understand this, how can a company such as this have such a poor customer service and policy. 

I ordered 2 floor speakers online from the refurbished selection and then I saw them listed on sale as new for even cheaper. I don't care about price difference but at least I would like to get them new. However, you cannot change order once placed. Mind boggling in my opinion. I called today to ask about options since order was not yet shipped, the rep said she will reach out to the warehouse and email me back. Does anyone know a better way to do this? I have to order 2 sets and return one. Is the return shipping covered by Klipsh in such situations, does anyone know?

The way you did it, talk to rep and get an answer, is the best way that I know of.

It took multiple calls and reaching out to another part of the company, eventually I got the order canceled and I went back and ordered what I wanted. There should be an option on the site to allow to cancel. I get it, after it ships or past a certain point is impossible, but even the service rep had to email logistics to request cancelation. I love their products and just purchased a whole home theater system. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
11 hours ago, OO1 said:

just refuse the order .,from UPS   when it ships to you  ..........that should  cancel  the order  

That's probably the worst piece of advice that I have seen anybody give, on any subject, in this Forum. 

What's your basis for making that statement?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travis In Austin said:

That's probably the worst piece of advice that I have seen anybody give, on any subject, in this Forum. 

What's your basis for making that statement?

Actually , ,it's standard practice in the  industry , refusing a package automatically resends the shipment back to the shipper without  any shipping double billing  fees  to the shipper's  account  , + the moment the order is received by the warehouse  , it is credited back to the CC on file  as the order is cancelled .

12 hours ago, OO1 said:

just refuse the order .,from UPS   when it ships to you  ..........that should  cancel  the order  

This usually will work only if sent signature required - and the deliverer actually insists on a signature, many times they don't care and will sign for you.

Once upon a time many years ago you could call the carrier to refuse the delivery if they already left it ... and they would retrieve it and ship it back ... but these days just try and get UPS/FedEx, etc. on the phone. I dare you. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, al78 said:

It took multiple calls and reaching out to another part of the company, eventually I got the order canceled and I went back and ordered what I wanted. There should be an option on the site to allow to cancel. I get it, after it ships or past a certain point is impossible, but even the service rep had to email logistics to request cancelation. I love their products and just purchased a whole home theater system. 

I thought I saw something somewhere on the site during a couple of recent purchases that mentioned something about what to do if an order needed to be cancelled, but there were slightly different types of products than you were ordering. If may have been in an FAQ section, I just can't remember for sure. 

For what it is worth I will forward your suggestion to the e-commerce people at Klipsch (I'm not affiliated with them, just a volunteer and they don't monitor this forum, and least on any regular basis. I'm glad things worked out for you in the end.

Travis

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Actually , ,it's standard practice in the  industry , refusing a package automatically resends the shipment back to the shipper without  any shipping double billing to the shipper's  account  , + the moment the order is received by the warehouse  , it is credited back to the CC on file  as the order is cancelled .

So, the answer to my question is you had no basis for making that statement.

It's not standard industry practice in any industry. Industry practice, in this case, retail audio sales via e-commerce, is by Terms of Service on the site in question. I gave you an opening to say that, and was hoping you would, but as I feared you were just shooting from the hip. 

Nearly everything I have read, even on a 30 days no questions asked return process still requires you to get an RA number. That's Standard Industry practice. 

Fortunately, he didn't listen to you, waited for a response from the person he spoke to in customer service who got the order cancelled. Now he doesn't have to spend a lot of time trying to get credit card charges credited, etc., etc. 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Quad Khorns said:

This usually will work only if sent signature required - and the deliverer actually insists on a signature, many times they don't care and will sign for you.

Once upon a time many years ago you could call the carrier to refuse the delivery if they already left it ... and they would retrieve it and ship it back ... but these days just try and get UPS/FedEx, etc. on the phone. I dare you. 

UPS/Fed Ex are not common carriers, so you are correct, refusing the shipment, if if the driver agrees, doesn't get you anywhere. Now you have no product, nothing to "return" or "exchange" and they have your money (not just Klipsch, but any seller) and your only recourse is you hope the seller will figure out that when the product gets returned to their warehouse they will figure out it is because you want a credit. How long do you wait for a credit to show up on your statement? Does the seller, even if they agree to refund you the money, get to still charge you freight out and back? What if the terms of service on the e-commerce provide for a 25% restocking fee? What if it was a special order?

Those are not questions for you @Quad Khorns, just examples of why it was incredibly bad advice for someone to suggest that the order be "refused" as the way to solve this issue. 

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, rmlowz said:

I'm aware, but this was particularly bad because it involved legal issues, terms and conditions of e-commerce sites, credit card agreements, etc. that could cause someone to be really jammed up for a long time when the simple answer was right there. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, OO1 said:

+ the moment the order is received by the warehouse  , it is credited back to the CC on file  as the order is cancelled .

You don't know that, and it doesn't. With Klipsch, eventually it will, after weeks (unless a special order item which can't be returned/refused, etc.), because they have centralized distribution. What if it was a company that had 3rd party fulfillment/warehouse? 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, OO1 said:

correct 

And it still doesn't require the seller to credit you the purchase price. I think you must be confused with the old days of C.O.D. where you could refuse the order for any reason, or no reason, you simply don't pay the postman or the driver. Either that or a bill of lading with a common carrier, where a refusal (based on certain grounds) resulted in an automatic credit. 

Neither are involved here.