Tubes for cornwall 4

Chandz

8 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Wow. Someone saying all cables sound the same. What a revelation….

I think he did the most realistic test, far unlike Amir at Audio Science Review who thinks anything that measures bad is garbage. Amir is a disaster. Shakey, you are one of the most experienced individuals in these forums. I'd like to hear what you have to say about the link on cables, not to get too side tracked off the DAC's but more so to determine things that can really make a difference in sound other than a DAC. I do respect your opinions btw. 

My stance on cables is well known in this forum. I do believe they are important and can be the icing on the cake in a system that is well sorted. All things being relative, I wouldn’t buy a 1k interconnect for a 2k system. 

So yes, a thousand dollars can be spent different ways depending on where you are with everything else. If you can’t hear an improvement with dacs,  then amps, preamps and room treatment could be addressed. I am just of the mind that everything is important, just some things are more important than others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

My stance on cables is well known in this forum. I do believe they are important and can be the icing on the cake in a system that is well sorted. All things being relative, I wouldn’t buy a 1k interconnect for a 2k system. 

So yes, a thousand dollars can be spent different ways depending on where you are with everything else. If you can’t hear an improvement with dacs,  then amps, preamps and room treatment could be addressed. I am just of the mind that everything is important, just some things are more important than others.

That's a fair assessment Shakey. I appreciate the thoughts.