Toronto area meetup

On 3/25/2023 at 10:02 AM, Islander said:

Any idea where in BC he's located?

Hi Pat , no , I picked up  the   info  when I read this post  ..... about    Superior Electronics   

Posted March 11, 2021 (edited)

IIRC, in Canada around this time, Klipsch were distributed by Superior Electronics in Montreal,  

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2022 at 12:28 AM, Islander said:

Thanks, Randy, that's helpful.  I didn't realize there were so many Forum members in Canada.  I'm in Victoria, and unfortunately, there's only one other member out here. 

Since you didn't mention who that other member is, I don't know if it was me you're talking about but I live right behind the Crystal Pool but I go to Toronto at Christmas and in the summer (this year for the first two weeks of August) because my kids live there.

Also, you talked about London Drugs in one of your previous posts and it's weird to order a pair of Klipschorns from a pharmacy but London Drugs used to have the whole Heritage line on sale at their website. Not anymore though. If I may continue to digress it's interesting how London Drugs went from a pharmacy in Vancouver decades ago to basically a chain of small department stores

Edited by carewser

On 4/30/2023 at 12:40 PM, carewser said:

Since you didn't mention who that other member is, I don't know if it was me you're talking about but I live right behind the Crystal Pool but I go to Toronto at Christmas and in the summer (this year for the first two weeks of August) because my kids live there.

Also, you talked about London Drugs in one of your previous posts and it's weird to order a pair of Klipschorns from a pharmacy but London Drugs used to have the whole Heritage line on sale at their website. Not anymore though. If I may continue to digress it's interesting how London Drugs went from a pharmacy in Vancouver decades ago to basically a chain of small department stores

Hi, carewser!

The other member is MC39693, who lives in Victoria, I think over toward Cook Street, but I'm not sure exactly.  He moved here a year or two ago.  We haven't met yet.  He has a Heresy-based system.

As for me, I live downtown, near to City Hall.  You're only about a 10-minute walk from me.  And my kid lives in Toronto.  I spent 30 years there, until I got bored of the place, and the winters were getting to me.  I left a lot of friends there, though, and that's a drag.

Talking about London Drugs, I have a friend in Nanaimo.  We met on cross-Canada motorbike trips nearly 40 years ago.  When I was living in Toronto, my friend told me he'd be buying a camera at London Drugs, which seemed strange to me.  He said it was because there were few camera shops.  Amusingly, after I moved to Victoria, I saw what he meant, and wound up buying two cameras there, as well as some computer accessories and some patio furniture, plus a microwave oven.  It really is like a department store.  I also buy some drugs there.

So tell us about your audio system.  Have you got any Heritage Series speakers yet?  In my case, after wishing I could have La Scalas or Belles ever since I saw them in 1972, I finally found a pair of 1974 La Scalas that I could afford in 2006.  A month later, I found the Forum, and discovered the worst pack of enablers I've ever seen.  Within a few years, I had 5 pairs of Heritage speakers (2 pairs of Heresy IIs, the pair of La Scalas (bought from Q-Lectronics before they moved to Douglas Street.  Great guys for vintage hi-fi gear!), a pair of LS2s, and and a pair of beat-up Belles from UVic).  As well, I became just as bad an enabler as the ones who had motivated me, lol.  So have you got any La Scalas yet?  As long as your speakers fit through the door, they're not too big.

That last comment is a bit of a joke/trick, because nearly all Heritage Series speakers are less than 24 inches/60 cm deep, so they'll fit in the space behind movie screens at cinemas.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OO1 said:

this place is growing ,  1 more Canadian forum member to welcome @Jdiesel87

Thank you! I have been into everything audio since I was a preteen and after all these years I finally got my first Klipsch product, a mint set of Quartets in Oiled Oak. They match out gas fireplace mantel perfectly which help with buy in on from the wife. So how long does it usually take between getting your first Klipsch speaker and ending up with a set of KH's?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...