Heresy 1 questions

geezin'

I picked up a pair of H1 recently. They're in great shape and sound wonderful. Serial #s are 92T488 & 92T489. No paper on back but have different stampings on sides of back One says USA and the other says AS and below that an inch or so is a P. Inside is clean with Type E crossovers and they have a lacquer (?) finish. Cannot tell if that is factory or owner applied. K-77-M tweeters/K-55-V mids and K-22-EF woofers. 

I'll post some photos when I can find the damn cord for the camera...I recently moved so I cannot find a damn thing. And I packed it.

Here's a photo stolen from the ebay listing. Not going to change a thing (took me 1 1/2 years to find 'em) as I said above they sound wonderful. I did open the back and loosen/tighten all the screws on the crossovers. That did seem to wake up the right speaker a bit. Only change I'll be making is a pair of Crites slanted risers on a suggestion from another forum member. They should be here this week. Until then I've rolled up a couple towels to give them a little rise in the front.

spacer.png

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Anybody?

you didn't ask any questions in your post.  what do you want to know?

the speakers are raw birch and would have left the factory that way -- if they have a finish on them, it would have been applied by a previous owner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geezin' said:

OK.  What is the meaning of the AS and P stamps. As well as USA stamps. Follow the dropbox link if you wish to see them. I haven't seen any other Heresy with them.

the P is the  sander's stamp , the AS is the cabinet maker's stamp 

12 hours ago, geezin' said:

OK.  What is the meaning of the AS and P stamps. As well as USA stamps. Follow the dropbox link if you wish to see them. I haven't seen any other Heresy with them.

the USA stamp just means made in the USA -- my '75 klipsch heresys have similar stamps.