Klipsch KG SW Walnut $300 (Sale Pending)

pollyoscar3722

I have a KG SW in Walnut. It works, and fills the niche that this speaker is made to fill. They’re nearly impossible to find. This one is nice, but not perfect. It has a couple of minor veneer chips and some fading. That said, it is nice enough to sit among your equipment and look very nice. I’m located in Virginia. I’ll happily arrange a local pickup or put this in a box and send it at your expense. Im looking for an easy transaction. I’ve loved using this, but don’t need it in my current set up. 

5E799015-FD5A-498A-AE1B-2919A7512681.jpeg

FA787B27-F95E-4422-8D3B-50727A80BE8B.jpeg

Edited by pollyoscar3722
  • Like 1

• pollyoscar3722 changed the title to Klipsch KG SW Walnut $300 (Sale Pending)

You're right; the kg SW is hard to find. Early in my exposure to Klipsch I learned of the SW and found one on eBay. It will definitely add some bottom end to your Heresies.

Mine is coupled to a pair of kg 2.2s in my basement system. It makes a limited low end speaker sound like a full-range one. As a bonus, it doesn't high pass a full-range signal but high passes to the satellites (or your Heresies) beginning at 150Hz.

Give us a review once you get it hooked up.

Other companies did make passive subwoofers such as the Cerwin Vega HT-10D and HT-12D( a 10" and a 12"), JBL, and Fisher, believe it or not, although the JBL only extended down to 40Hz. I don't know about the Fisher. The Cerwin Vega's were front ported with front firing drivers. The JBL S-1 was  a 33" tall, 8" down-firing woofer, from a small footprint cabinet.

The Fisher was dual ported, had two 8" drivers, and was 43" tall with a 16 x 10" footprint.

BSR even made a sealed, passive sub with a 15" driver!

But of course, the Klipsch beat them all because it was more efficient at 94dB with the switch in the high position, and I always felt I could trust Klipsch engineering to make a passive sub that didn't sound boomy. The kg SW is it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...