Crossover A Klipschorn cap replacement help

Aoran994

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Aoran994 said:

ah ok! i didnt understand it then, https://www.costruireaudio.com/crossover/condensatori/condensatori-mkt-250v-5-poliestere/

you mean this one polyester, they are very cheap , thanks!!

Where are you located in Italy? I have to travel there in January, I can bring you what you need possibly.

Travis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KT88 said:

This is the joke of history. We talk about the cheapest caps and in a few years no one builds them anymore. In the 1960s and 70s in Germany in every kitchen radio and TV set were Telefunken ECC83 tubes (12AX7 for you). At that time price in today's money maybe 2 USD. Today 500 USD NOS.

…we have them in our basements here in Canada, lol

33ED9526-92C0-4EFE-9380-D178A442FCAD.jpeg

• Haha 1

My Mom is German. I lived in Speicher until I was 10. I was born in Savanna, Georgia, but was only there six weeks. When we moved back to the states, I spoke fluent high German and Platt. My English was terrible. I can sometimes still understand it, but can no longer speak it. 

Dean, is it this town? The only one I have found via google maps with the name Speicher.

Speicher
https://maps.app.goo.gl/3Pm2z8aWqTb6MngV9?g_st=ic

Which Opa did not like the Platt, the German or the US Opa? The German Opa may be was from another region by origin? Or the US Opa had bad memories from war time in Germany?

„High German“  I did not know this expression in English. But in fact it is a one-to-one translation of the German word "Hochdeutsch". And so it is also used in English as I googled. It means a dialect free language. Before mechanization, no one from Bavaria would have been able to talk to someone from Hamburg or Cologne, the very different dialects are a symptom of centuries of small-scale statehood. Everywhere small princes with their compatriots. In addition, there was a rather strict separation of Catholic and Protestant areas with peculiarities of language, further on animosities e.g. between Swabians and Badeners or between Rhinelanders and Prussians. It was not until the middle of the 19th century that there were national movements striving for unification. Until the beginning of the 20th century, Bavaria was still against it. 
Only with the invention of the radio the language became more uniform. The radio broadcasts came in High German, which was then learned in each region. But the Platt, i.e. the dialects, were cultivated for a very long time because it also strengthened the regional identity and does it still today (then most are able to speak also High German. I like that every region has its own sound. That can be quite different here within 120 km, in the U.S. you have to drive from New York to Ohio.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Deang said:

That’s what “Platt” is. It is a dialect, sometimes a mish mash of several. My Opa did not like me speaking it. I just realized I don’t even know why. Maybe Heinz knows. High German is German proper. 

I don’t think so, but maybe. I think High is in the South, and Switzerland, Luxembourg, etc. Low I think is in the North. They taught us this at University of Heidelberg but can’t remember. Something about consonants, T and P? ? 40 years ago, too much time.

In principle, the Oxford definition is correct with the influence of Luther's Bible translation. But what is definitely not correct is the origin of High German that is given there. This must be a confusion of the meaning of the word "high". But in reality it has nothing to do with high landscapes or mountains. And because we have high mountains only in the south it is consequently a wrong localization.

The real High German is spoken in Hanover, which is the capital of Lower Saxony, and that is flat lowland pretty much in the north.

High German means that it is spoken at a "high" level understandable to all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Where are you located in Italy? I have to travel there in January, I can bring you what you need possibly.

Travis

Hello Travis thank you for the help, i am in Civitanova Marche, Marche ,center Italy, if you will go in Italy you can easily ship them from a post office directly to me, i could pay the crossover components and i can pay the discomfort that i create for you , it will take only 20 minutes even less to ship them, you will be doing to me a big favor Soo i will have Klipsch certified crossover,tell me if it's okay for you i will write you via private message, thanks!!!!

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Aoran994 said:

Hello Travis thank you for the help, i am in Civitanova Marche, Marche ,center Italy, if you will go in Italy you can easily ship them from a post office directly to me, i could pay the crossover components and i can pay the discomfort that i create for you , it will take only 20 minutes even less to ship them, you will be doing to me a big favor Soo i will have Klipsch certified crossover,tell me if it's okay for you i will write you via private message, thanks!!!!

I will send you a PM

• Thanks 2