Steely Dan remastered... Cd or vinyl record?

MeloManiac

6 hours ago, veloceleste said:

Steely Dan has always been a favorite of mine. I had all of them on vinyl back in the day and then each album on cd. I still have the Citizen box set and have one complaint about it; you lose the continuity of the albums because some of the albums are split between discs which I feel changes the mood and feeling each album presents individually. I know it’s a small thing to complain about.

Very good point.  Same problem with Pink Floyd.  It is annoying. 

I am listening to 40 licks by the Rolling Stones and it is a really good compilation without the issue. 

Another really good compilation is Eric Clapton Complete.  Great set and really good price.  I have it on Vinyl and am temped to get the CDs as they are easier to play in my family room. 

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Clapton-Eric/dp/B000UAE8CQ

This morning, my Steely Dan order was delivered!

Somewhere around 2018 I bought my first Klipsch speakers, soon followed by my 1972 Heresy set. The amazing thing is that when you buy Klipsch, you also buy into the Klipsch Community on this forum, and you get to know and  appreciate a lot more great music!

For me, Steely Dan I got to know here on this forum. The group hadn't been on my radar, though I must admit I knew some of their popular tunes, of course. 

So a big thank you to all of you out there! 

PSX_20221213_111646.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/9/2022 at 11:55 PM, amped said:

https://store.acousticsounds.com/c/405/UHQR_Vinyl_Record

I just recently picked up the UHQR pressing of BM, Rastaman Vibration and can say it sounds AMAZING!

I have SACD copies of both Aja and Gaucho, that sound VERY good.

So, another 150 bucks each for them on UHQR vinyl... 🤔

• Like 3

The Gaucho cd is the only not remastered one, but it sounds fine. It comes with an interesting booklet with a long text shining a light on the end days of Steely Dan. See attachment.

Track 5, Time out of Mind, has a special guest guitar player... Mark Knopfler

ubbe.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 8:01 AM, Dave1291 said:

Wait!  I just realized that I only have ONE Steely Dan LP.  😂  😂  😂

So Bud ....tell you what to do ....Order Aja , Goucho, Pretzel Logic , You can´t buy a thrill , Royal Scam and Two against nature , than you´ll be fine

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

So Bud ....tell you what to do ....Order Aja , Goucho, Pretzel Logic , You can´t buy a thrill , Royal Scam and Two against nature , than you´ll be fine

By then you'll be ready for some of their garage-rock - "Android Warehouse" if you can find it!

Because what's on youtube has been rehashed one time too many and stinks.

PXL-20221216-011213271.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got the oldest & grands coming shortly to change my foot dressing but I think I found a couple.  Not sure though.  Some of the newer stuff is somewhere.  :)  

steely-dan.jpg

Steely-Dan-Aja.jpg

steely-dan-gaucho.jpg

Steely-Dan-Royal-Scam.jpgG

Guess I did have a couple.  Few others by them laying here too.  Night Fly, the new East/West double lp (I think that's the name) and a couple others.  I'mma werkin on it though.  😂   

• Like 2