RSB-11 Soundbar - Dialogue lost in music/soundtrack

Rhythm

We've had our Klipsch RSB-11 Soundbar (with subwoofer) for over 5 years. Still working fine.

One annoying problem all 5 years is that when watching any show/movie, all dialogue is crisp and clear when there is no music/soundtrack present, but as soon as music/soundtrack arises, the dialogue gets buried. It's sounds as if the volume of the dialogue just got significantly softer. Which leads to constant back & forth with volume-level adjustment, and sometimes, even turning on captions just to understand the spoken dialogue.

We always turn on the surround & dialogue options. Makes the overall sound much more 'theater,' but doesn't help with the above discrepancy.

I hear this is not an uncommon complaint, and sorry if it's already been addressed on this forum. If there is already a solution posted, just a link will do.

The RSB-11 is an older, not-too-expensive model and perhaps current Klipsch's address this. We are thinking of switching to a Sonos soundbar or other brand if we can't fix this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 4:22 PM, billybob said:

@KevinB who I just tagged may have an idea.

Hi Billybob,

The only Klipsch products with which I am familiar are the BAR series and Cinema series soundbars.

Today when I logged into the forums I was given an option to enable push notifications, which I did. Maybe now I'll be notified when you tag me...😃

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 3:36 PM, Rhythm said:

The RSB-11 is an older, not-too-expensive model and perhaps current Klipsch's address this. We are thinking of switching to a Sonos soundbar or other brand if we can't fix this.

The Cinema series is Klipsch's current series of soundbars. I have the Cinema 800 and I'm very pleased with the overall sound quality. That is not to say that these soundbars are without issues. A common complaint is dialog clarity, even with the dialog enhancements enabled.

• Like 1