Klipschorn deal of the day (Alabama) $900. [BEWARE OF RED FLAGS, SEE DISCUSSION]

RickFL

Not mine.  https://offerup.com/item/detail/1fef18dc-7cf7-3931-a09a-1e25f8fd73b8?q=klipsch

Klipsch Klipschorns 1987 Lacquered Walnut

[MODERATOR EDIT: some of the posts below have raised some concerns about the legitimacy of this ad. As with everything listed in the ALERTS section, this is a link to an ad on an outside site. The seller is an unknown entity and you should take all normal precautions when entering into a transaction such as this.]

Edited by Travis In Austin
To highlight red flags and use caution
  • Like 1

Oh; the image is also on five Facebook marketplaces for $5000. Come ‘on, somebody bite. On the other hand,  I have a deed to a bridge connecting several boroughs in New York that generates positive cash flow. Who wants a 1/64 interest for $1000?

Seems to me posting these scams is not a good idea. Does anyone on the Forum actually think you can get a set of ‘horns in December 2022 for $900 plus $19 shipping?

Quit helping these scammers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I say post away...caveat emptor/buyer beware...deals are out there...

I responded to a CL ad a couple months ago and picked up a pristine VPI Scoutmaster with Shelter 501 cart for $300 cash...I figured no way it could be legit, but met the elderly seller with cash in hand (seller had original bill of sale receipts in his name, so not hot).  The well off seller didn't use it and just wanted to see it go to a good home...mission accomplished!

• Like 2

• Travis In Austin changed the title to Klipschorn deal of the day (Alabama) $900. [BEWARE OF RED FLAGS, SEE DISCUSSION]
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, hanksjim1 said:

I responded to a CL ad a couple months ago and picked up a pristine VPI Scoutmaster with Shelter 501 cart for $300 cash...I figured no way it could be legit, but met the elderly seller with cash in hand (seller had original bill of sale receipts in his name, so not hot).  The well off seller didn't use it and just wanted to see it go to a good home...mission accomplished!

I concur, however, we have all levels of Klipsch owners here, including new members who want to be Khorn owners, so I just wanted to emphasize  that when seeing an ad on any platform like offerup, Craigslist, etc. and you haven't used them before you want to use caution. That common scam of sending non-traceable cash, I'm out of town so you can't see them, is still alive and well and catching the uninitiated all the time.

Travis

• Like 2

On 12/13/2022 at 11:34 AM, hanksjim1 said:

Agreed.  I picked up a pair of Heresy 1's a guy had listed for $25.  He had no idea what they were.  I offered him $200 as a goodwill gesture, but still a great deal for me.

• Like 1