Recent Forum Maintenance

Chad

• Administrators

Hi all,

I hope you are all safe and doing well. Just popping in to apologize for the extended maintenance yesterday through today. It went a bit longer than I'd hoped, but the end result is I was finally able to move the forums to a better web server and updated the underlying software. So, the forums should be a little "snappier" now.

If you run across any odd issues with the forums, please let me know here. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, Chad said:

Hi all,

I hope you are all safe and doing well. Just popping in to apologize for the extended maintenance yesterday through today. It went a bit longer than I'd hoped, but the end result is I was finally able to move the forums to a better web server and updated the underlying software. So, the forums should be a little "snappier" now.

If you run across any odd issues with the forums, please let me know here. Thanks!

I think we all knew you'd get it going.

Side comment, I go to a tractor forum.

forums

(not sure what happened above, I tried to put a link there)

anyway, they have several commands....  one of them is "Today's Posts" and it sorts only on today's posts....  or another "New Posts" which sorts on new posts.  

I have ALWAYS loved that feature....you can go to "Today's Posts" and see if there is anything new much faster than here (unless I'm missing something here).  Just trying to give some ideas that might make the user experience (for us old dunderheads) more efficient.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I think we all knew you'd get it going.

Side comment, I go to a tractor forum.

forums

(not sure what happened above, I tried to put a link there)

anyway, they have several commands....  one of them is "Today's Posts" and it sorts only on today's posts....  or another "New Posts" which sorts on new posts.  

I have ALWAYS loved that feature....you can go to "Today's Posts" and see if there is anything new much faster than here (unless I'm missing something here).  Just trying to give some ideas that might make the user experience (for us old dunderheads) more efficient.

Hi there,

You can actually create your own "activity streams" which is a way to do that. Very customizable.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, B-BOOM said:

Hi,

whatever it was it reset my account to a very old user name (B-Boom) instead of my current name. Boom3. I restored my account because it no longer recognized my Boom3 log-in credentials. Help!

If you go into the Settings section there’s a spot you can go to and change your forum name.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chad said:

You can actually create your own "activity streams" which is a way to do that. Very customizable.

I'm still stumbling a bit trying to follow your path....right now am looking at "Content View Behavior" and my bullet is on "Take me to the beginning"

If I were to click on "take me to latest comment" I'm guessing it takes me to the latest comment in EVERYTHING I open all the time (??)

Still trying to find your page (I'm looking at settings)

My wondering to myself is...  does this selection you say exists....  ALWAYS take you ONLY to what your selection is?  Or does it create a radio button where you can activate it on demand?  

It's the on demand feature that I think is so nice on the other forum.  Still figureing this out though, thank you for pointing it out.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, B-BOOM said:

Hi,

whatever it was it reset my account to a very old user name (B-Boom) instead of my current name. Boom3. I restored my account because it no longer recognized my Boom3 log-in credentials. Help!

One of the things that was updated is the way you log in. Because of security reasons, you are now required to use your email address to log in, instead of your screen name. If the email address you used was associated with your old account, that's why you see what you see.

There is a way I can merge accounts though, so if anyone needs that, they can message me.

• Like 3

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Have you guys moved away from Tapatalk?

Yes.

Have had nothing but support problems with Tapatalk, and I consider it to also be a security risk. We do not have Tapatalk enabled on this site any longer.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Could You possibly merge my double persona ??

This was suggested to me by a member

Regards

The real Duke Spinner. 🙂

Please send me a PM with the display name of your account that you want merged. Also, be aware that I'll ask you to verify a few things (I'm asking the same of everyone with this request)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

@Chad would be nice to have a page scroll up function like this on the right lower screen corner , makes scrolling up the page much easier.  Or is there as fuction like I requested exsisiting already ? If so how can I activate it ? Thanx for your kind attention in this matter !

1580726759_scrollup.jpg.b252e53c3a6d36f0bf61a0f62ad2561b.jpg