Klipsch Horn Lamp 2

JohnA

Inspired by dtr20, I made a K700 lamp, of my own.  I used a die-cast K700 I'd bought for a stillborn monitor project.

I had a friend turn a pair of adapters for the horn's throat and then cannibalized an old lamp a GF gave me 40 years ago.  The base is mahogany, bought in Chattanooga, planed in Huber Heights and finished with linseed oil at mi casa.  I could not see the figure in the grain until after it was planed and had to work a little to show it in the finished lamp.  The plaque was a gift from Hunter @JRH at the first pilgrimage, called "The Klipsch Fans Tour Of Hope".  I kept it in my Klipsch file folder for over 20 years until i found this use for it! 

I hope Mr. Paul's soul gets a smile. 

Lamp Adaptere.jpg

Lamp Feete.jpg

Heresy Lampe.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

The K-700 makes for a nice sized lamp, nearly the same height as the ginger jar lamp that donated it's organs.  It is now on my nightstand and the extra area of the base is usable for some of the stuff I usually keep there.  A K-400, ..... hmmm?

15 hours ago, JohnA said:

The K-700 makes for a nice sized lamp, nearly the same height as the ginger jar lamp that donated it's organs.  It is now on my nightstand and the extra area of the base is usable for some of the stuff I usually keep there.  A K-400, ..... hmmm?

The K700 is just about right for a lamp base, or even a pair, like for on both your speakers.  The K400, on the other hand, is a bit of an odd too-big-for-the table, too-small-for-the-floor size, in my opinion anyway.  Of course, depending on your decor, a K400-based lamp might fit right in, so I'm just thinking of the more likely situations.

1 hour ago, seti said:

I thought I saw a Horn Table Lamp at Valerie's house once... Gonna look through some pics.

a few of us have a picture of the lamp  , but being it's PWK's house ,  we should respect the Privacy of Paul and Valerie Klipsch , in their Absence 

6 hours ago, OO1 said:

a few of us have a picture of the lamp  , but being it's PWK's house ,  we should respect the Privacy of Paul and Valerie Klipsch , in their Absence 

I thinks the cows are already out of the barn on that idea.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coytee said:

It does look nice AND can double as a spot.....to keep your Glock....

:unsure2:

I just acquired one of those rotten things. It uses the same mags as a carbine I have.  Kind of a New West sort of thing. Despise the trigger.  🙂

22 hours ago, OO1 said:

Valerie invited us all into her home to take pictures with us and talk PWK several times. Celebrating anything PWK related made her happy. Of the things that would have annoyed her pictures were not on the list. Ask Colter 8-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1