Power amp for front Klipsch

Stelian99

Hello guys,

I have a pair of RP-8000F and a 504C in the living powered by a Denon AVC-X4700h.

I’m thinking to buy a dedicated amp for the RP-8000f to have more clarity, more depth.

I was looking at Rotel RB-1552 MK II.

What do you think or suggest?

Thank you!

0CB9782E-3CAE-41CC-A8F6-098FCBFD4E03.jpeg

2 hours ago, Stelian99 said:

Hello guys,

I have a pair of RP-8000F and a 504C in the living powered by a Denon AVC-X4700h.

I’m thinking to buy a dedicated amp for the RP-8000f to have more clarity, more depth.

I was looking at Rotel RB-1552 MK II.

What do you think or suggest?

Thank you!

0CB9782E-3CAE-41CC-A8F6-098FCBFD4E03.jpeg

Looking at the specs, that Denon is quite impressive! Think it pushes your speakers to their limit? 

I would look at improving your room acoustics first (damp reflections and reverberation, the surrounds provide the intended reverberation).  Then, look at upgrading your receiver.  The RP-8000 speakers, at 98 dB/w/m will not challenge the power section of your Denon, so more power will only be noticed at very high SPLs.  The preamp and processor sections of your receiver make a large contribution to sound quality and clarity, more than the power amp, in my experience. 

Adding a power amp to a receiver has become a fad, but I can't imagine why.  Seems like racing tires on a tired Yugo to me. 

• Like 1

Based on how your speakers are configured at the front, I don't imagine your room is that large and takes much to fill with sound.  That AVR is a monster.  You aren't going to gain anything going to a power amp over a capable receiver such as that in your space.  Spend money on treatments or additional extensions (i.e. another sub).  A power amp is wasted in that environment.