M.Att

Hi Everyone,

Are you in Maryland and looking for some new speakers?  If so, I'm offering up this set of KP-2500s to make room for a DIY I want to build.  I am more than happy to audition them and have a DATSv3 handy for a more technical look at each speaker.  Now for the good stuff!

I have one set of good condition KP-2500s including Crites diaphragms and originals, collapsible stands, and two sets of Seismic Audio 12 gauge wires (10' and 30') and looking for $550 for the whole set.  I purchased them in April 2022; they were connected to our A/V Marantz NR1200 and most recently through my laptop and a Topping PA-5.  Great speakers all around.

KP2500_A.thumb.jpg.2e5fcfccc4ca242b94d966155c946ae7.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to DM me if you have questions or you're around and interested.  I'd be willing to drive a 50 or so miles from Columbia MD.

Edited by M.Att
Topic Subject Clarification
  • Like 1

• M.Att changed the title to KP2500 for Sale.
8 hours ago, OO1 said:

These  are the KP-2500-C , real Pro  speakers  that can rock your house  , 250wpc  rating , very similar to the KP-250  , glwys 

Thanks, they do rock, although I can't imagine pumping that many watts into them.  We used them for a bit in our 2.1 AV setup and the speakers were amazing. 

Edited by M.Att
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 5:18 PM, dieter17 said:

Look to be in really good shape. Price is very reasonable too. Love my pair. 

Thanks, Dieter, they are in good shape and sound great.  If they don't sell I'd consider parting them, but that seems like a shame.

I took a few moments today to grab the DATS info from each of them.  I connected the DATS leads to the speaker cables not directly to the speakers, which might explain some of the extra wiggly lines.  (If anyone wants to chime in on how speaker wires could affect the impedance I'm all ears)

KP2500-A-DATSv3.png.756d5422ae2232be54fe1081602a668e.png

KP2500-B-DATSv3.png.b40bd84ff0534b7899d5ec5d77399b8d.png

Each speaker has roughly the same shaped curves, albeit with different overall impedance peaks.

Bumping for the weekend!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 2:29 PM, Amphicar said:

Still for sale?

Hi Amphicar, sorry, I didn't get a notice in my personal email, yes.  I am still interested in parting ways with these speakers.

I'm also willing to part with a pair of Tekton bookshelf speakers too.  I need to make room for some other speakers.

• 2 weeks later...