Cornwall IV, Distressed Oak + Lambswool

McBlueMeter

31 minutes ago, John Chi-town said:

I have not heard any plans for.  However, as I am sure you know they can be ordered from the factory in that finish with lambswool grills.  My forte IV are dressed that way.  Have you looked into the cost of ordering in that finish and grill type?  My guess would be an additional 1K.

$1,000 premium?!? Yikes.

Was hoping someone here on the forum already knew…

I reached out to my dealer. 👍🏻😊

When I bought F3, I swapped out the black grills for lambs wool (cherry finish), and it took a couple extra weeks and was $75. I think they want you to purchase an extra set, which at the time for F3 would have been $150. $750 sounds excessive.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, McBlueMeter said:

Anyone know when Klipsch will be making/selling these as a standard product? 
I see on FeeBay a dealer trying to sell a used pair of CW’s in D.O. finish (prototypes?) for the price of a new pair (MSRP).

Thanks much

LOL, I'm just happy that my ads are getting other dealers some sales.  SMH.  :)  Yes that would be me who has them. 

They are not going to be part of the regular lineup.  Those were personally owned by Klipsch CEO Paul Jacobs, are flawless, have an actual serial number, and have brand new grills.  I don't really want to give them away for cheap considering they're the only ones that exist and I don't really want to custom order new ones right now if they're just going to sit there.  They had trouble with the grills at first, the early lambswool were not very uniform plus they have to be stretched pretty good and due to the width of the Cornwall grills it wasn't the best combination.  The new fabric is better but they still need to stay on the speakers or they will warp.  I can easily order them.  

6 hours ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

LOL, I'm just happy that my ads are getting other dealers some sales.  SMH.  :)  Yes that would be me who has them. 

They are not going to be part of the regular lineup.  Those were personally owned by Klipsch CEO Paul Jacobs, are flawless, have an actual serial number, and have brand new grills.  I don't really want to give them away for cheap considering they're the only ones that exist and I don't really want to custom order new ones right now if they're just going to sit there.  They had trouble with the grills at first, the early lambswool were not very uniform plus they have to be stretched pretty good and due to the width of the Cornwall grills it wasn't the best combination.  The new fabric is better but they still need to stay on the speakers or they will warp.  I can easily order them.  

Hi there. Sorry, I’m super loyal to the proven dealers I’ve used for 20+ years. 
I’ve been asking about DO CW’s VI’s for quite a while - I posted this here when they first launched several years back.

While I appreciate you having a pair….regardless of pedigree, they are still “used” and you are asking MSRP ish. I would rather support my dealer I know and trust and pay a fair price for a new pair.

LOL, SMH… You changed a forum inquiry/post into an ad to sell your speakers…🤔 GLWYS 👍🏻😊

29 minutes ago, McBlueMeter said:

You changed a forum inquiry/post into an ad to sell your speakers…🤔 

Literally your entire thread was in regards to trying to buy speakers that were in an ad of mine.  Don't act like I'm twisting and doing shady stuff.  I'm just answering questions that you and others asked.  You're just zero'ing in on one line that was a lame attempt at humor.  

31 minutes ago, McBlueMeter said:

they are still “used” and you are asking MSRP ish.

I don't really want to sell the demo ones.  They are set up in my showroom and look great in there, and if I sell these at a discount I'd just end up buying more new ones and barely break even which doesn't make much sense.  I was obviously hoping that somebody would just order new ones if they want them but these are available.  I have literally turned down a $7,500 offer in the past when I first got them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

Literally your entire thread was in regards to trying to buy speakers that were in an ad of mine.  Don't act like I'm twisting and doing shady stuff.  I'm just answering questions that you and others asked.  You're just zero'ing in on one line that was a lame attempt at humor.  

I don't really want to sell the demo ones.  They are set up in my showroom and look great in there, and if I sell these at a discount I'd just end up buying more new ones and barely break even which doesn't make much sense.  I was obviously hoping that somebody would just order new ones if they want them but these are available.  I have literally turned down a $7,500 offer in the past when I first got them.  

I mentioned “a dealer.” YOU connected my post, to YOUR dealership and FeeBay ad.
“Shady??” No shady stuff implied and appreciate the input.
$7500…wowzer! You should have taken that offer! 
All good. GLWYS. 👍🏻

• Like 1

MC Blue     I think Cory is a better dealer than the one you use now. He tries to help you and you cut him down. Not cool dude. If you wanted any regular Corns that would be different. But you want very special ones. 

You know you could put Lambs wool on yourself I have done it. But like Cory said it its not easy on a Cornwall because of the size of grill. Thats main reason they dont offer it they dont have the time to deal with the problems at the factory. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2022 at 5:31 AM, McBlueMeter said:

Insane Klipsch doesn’t offer this as a standard finish in LS’s.

That's actually not even the normal distressed oak.  Notice the huge knots, that's not on the other speakers.  It's more rustic than the typical finish.  Totally different supplier and costs more.  Would be cool if this was on the other speakers, or some custom Cornwalls, but whether you get a big knot in a cool spot is probably hit or miss.  But yes there is actually two different versions of distressed oak available.  

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 9:08 PM, Sam S. said:

When I bought F3, I swapped out the black grills for lambs wool (cherry finish), and it took a couple extra weeks and was $75. I think they want you to purchase an extra set, which at the time for F3 would have been $150. $750 sounds excessive.

The OP is looking for Cornwall IV in Distressed Oak with lambswool grills.  Not just the grills.  Distressed Oak on a Cornwall IV would be a custom order and would be at least $750.00 - 1K more than list price.

• Thanks 1