distressed oak La Scala

• 8 months later...

I'm the guy that bought them.  Back in January, they were the very first set of La Scalas in this finish.  Not sure if there are any more now, but sooner or later I'm sure someone else will order a pair in this custom finish.  BTW, they look even better in person 😀

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 4:50 PM, Catfood said:

I'm the guy that bought them.  Back in January, they were the very first set of La Scalas in this finish.  Not sure if there are any more now, but sooner or later I'm sure someone else will order a pair in this custom finish.  BTW, they look even better in person 😀

I heard there are 3-4 sets of these, beautiful speakers.

Well,, now that you ask, yes, they dethroned my Cornwall 2's. For the record, I'm really not a huge fanboy of Klipsch but I do love SET amps and high efficiency speakers. I got the AL5's about 7-8 months ago and I'm very happy with them, no complaints at all, a great value for my 25 by 30' room. I wanted focal grand utopia's (yea right) but with my beer budget was compelled to get either La Scalas or K horns. 

FWIW, I went in with full intention of getting a pair of rel subs later on which I did but,, without the rel's I was fully content. The bass was (is) plenty for the jazz I listen to.Sure the sub's give a bit more but stand alone AL5's in my room floored me with their range in the low's. I play guitar and well know when the low E bass note at 41 hz and lower notes than that, you both hear and feel them and question who wrote the specs for these speakers. I admit I have them in close proximity to corners, still I was shocked.

I have another system in another room and like other speakers but the Klipsch ain't goin nowhere.

• Like 3