Klipsch Fortes ii or Chorus i ?! Help/advice

Erivera1990

30 minutes ago, Erivera1990 said:

I'm currently talking with the seller! Do you know if in this website I could find information about recone? Were to buy parts/materials, and how to properly restore the original finish?

, a pushed in dust cap is very easy to repair , even a tear can be glued  , no need to recone a   passive for a small tear or a pushed in dust cap  

• Like 1

IMO, for that price difference, Forte IIs are a no brainer.   Don't rule out klipsch pro gear. Kp 250 plus a pair of subs to sit on top of would dominate both of those setups IMO.  Kp302 with no sub would be even better. More food for thought, not easy to find per se. Chorus IIs do better as volume increases due to the pro woofer.  Chorus I excel at low volumes. Depends on your listening preferences.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MEH Synergy said:

IMO, for that price difference, Forte IIs are a no brainer.   Don't rule out klipsch pro gear. Kp 250 plus a pair of subs to sit on top of would dominate both of those setups IMO.  Kp302 with no sub would be even better. More food for thought, not easy to find per se. Chorus IIs do better as volume increases due to the pro woofer.  Chorus I excel at low volumes. Depends on your listening preferences.  

Thank you for your opinion, I usually play, jazz, classic, 80s rock and pop music. I'm still trying to get the Chorus ii tho lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Black speakers (not piano but plain black) are worth less than real wood grain.  For the price, the Fortes look nice. 

You can fix the passive on the Chorus, just 'undent it' (vacuum, a little water, etc.) and if they look rough paint them and they will look like new.  The paint is 89 cents at Michaels.

Could you elaborate about the vacuum and water technique or a link that I can read about it? I spoke with the seller apparently they were stained, and I know how to work with that. 

4 hours ago, Erivera1990 said:

Could you elaborate about the vacuum and water technique or a link that I can read about it? I spoke with the seller apparently they were stained, and I know how to work with that. 

You should google this, but I used a vacuum hose with a rag to soften the suction and used it to suck out a dent.  I think I wet it a little to make the paper softer. After it had marks so I painted the entire passive in black enamel (same stuff used tp paint on canvas. 

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

You should google this, but I used a vacuum hose with a rag to soften the suction and used it to suck out a dent.  I think I wet it a little to make the paper softer. After it had marks so I painted the entire passive in black enamel (same stuff used tp paint on canvas. 

Did you notice anything difference after applying paint sound wise? I read a while ago that paint on speakers could affect the sound quality, not sure if is true.

3 hours ago, Erivera1990 said:

I read a while ago that paint on speakers could affect the sound quality, not sure if is true.

you can use polymer ink or regular black ink since it does not add  weight to the paper cone .......weight is a factor in passive drone  tuning  .

Not to throw cold water on your plans, but just be aware that forte and chorus ii are going to need room for the passive to breathe so if your Lascala were taking up to much space I’m not sure that will improve with one of these two sitting further out in the floor. I own Chorus ii and love them, but you might need stick with Chorus I. Just something to think about. And yea, $1800 is too much! 

• Like 5

I use a toilet plunger, the type with the red rubber cup and screw in wooden handle.  Un-screw the handle & poke a hole through where the handle was screwed into the center of cup. Place cup over dust cover and apply vacuum just enough to pop it out. I have done several whit no issue, YMMV

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Madman1 said:

Not to throw cold water on your plans, but just be aware that forte and chorus ii are going to need room for the passive to breathe so if your Lascala were taking up to much space I’m not sure that will improve with one of these two sitting further out in the floor. I own Chorus ii and love them, but you might need stick with Chorus I. Just something to think about. And yea, $1800 is too much! 

Chorus speaker is my border line (size wise), I haven't made an official decision yet. If the chorus speaker deal doesn't happen I will definitely stick with Fortes. Thank you for your opinion! 

4 hours ago, rigma said:

I use a toilet plunger, the type with the red rubber cup and screw in wooden handle.  Un-screw the handle & poke a hole through where the handle was screwed into the center of cup. Place cup over dust cover and apply vacuum just enough to pop it out. I have done several whit no issue, YMMV

Thank you for your tip! I have that type of plunger at home. Lol

14 hours ago, Erivera1990 said:

Did you notice anything difference after applying paint sound wise? I read a while ago that paint on speakers could affect the sound quality, not sure if is true.

Yes, huge difference.  The bass was lacking, the 'air' was gone and the speakers no longer bloomed.  So I added some cable lifts and a cyro treated outlet and they came back. 

• Haha 1