Klipsch Fortes ii or Chorus i ?! Help/advice

Erivera1990

19 minutes ago, billybob said:

Just to clarify, the woofer in the Chorus 1 is the same as the 2.

Also, the Chorus 2 came in black from the Klipsch factory.

As for price of either one, abit too Rich...

Thanks!

Thank you for that Information, I see all prices too high, compared to what I paid before ( two to three years ago) I guess is this economy situation that's going on...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Erivera1990 said:

Thank you for that Information, I see all prices too high, compared to what I paid before ( two to three years ago) I guess is this economy situation that's going on...

Prices on Heritage speakers have been up for a few years now. I highly doubt they will come down. 

34 minutes ago, Erivera1990 said:

Good to know! I'm probably gonna stick with the ink method.

That was a joke.  You are talking about a rear firing 'driver' 

The amount of weight added by a very thin coat of paint is negligible, moving the speaker 6" in or out will make more of a difference as the passive interacts with the wall. 

The paint from Michales is the best in my opinion as you paint the entire driver, making it look as new with uniform color.  Nothing sticks out. 

You will be happy with either speaker; I've owned Forte (series one) for over three decades, and nothing new under 5X their price sounds better to my ears.  They are the most balanced, neutral, and accurate speaker for a medium-sized room you will find.
I recently acquired a pair of Chorus IIs, and have been getting acquainted with them; I can say that they have the Klipsch "sound" inherent in speakers from that era - soundstage is large, the bass is "felt", and some of the larger instruments sound more live than with the Fortes.  They do have a "sound" - a warmth in the midrange - that makes them not as neutral and accurate as the Fortes.
I have moved my old speakers to "Front Wide" duty, not being able to part with them... it's nice to know that they are available if I ever decide I prefer them over the Chorus.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Madman1 said:

Not to throw cold water on your plans, but just be aware that forte and chorus ii are going to need room for the passive to breathe so if your Lascala were taking up to much space I’m not sure that will improve with one of these two sitting further out in the floor. I own Chorus ii and love them, but you might need stick with Chorus I. Just something to think about. And yea, $1800 is too much! 

You raise a good point there. I can’t have rear passives due to placement/space issues. Keeps me from seeking Fortes though! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

That was a joke.  You are talking about a rear firing 'driver' 

The amount of weight added by a very thin coat of paint is negligible, moving the speaker 6" in or out will make more of a difference as the passive interacts with the wall. 

The paint from Michales is the best in my opinion as you paint the entire driver, making it look as new with uniform color.  Nothing sticks out. 

Lol, thanks for the info! 

4 hours ago, chuckears said:

You will be happy with either speaker; I've owned Forte (series one) for over three decades, and nothing new under 5X their price sounds better to my ears.  They are the most balanced, neutral, and accurate speaker for a medium-sized room you will find.
I recently acquired a pair of Chorus IIs, and have been getting acquainted with them; I can say that they have the Klipsch "sound" inherent in speakers from that era - soundstage is large, the bass is "felt", and some of the larger instruments sound more live than with the Fortes.  They do have a "sound" - a warmth in the midrange - that makes them not as neutral and accurate as the Fortes.
I have moved my old speakers to "Front Wide" duty, not being able to part with them... it's nice to know that they are available if I ever decide I prefer them over the Chorus.

Thank you for your opinion! I had Fortes ii before my La Scala, and I truly enjoyed them! I just figured I could get a little bit "more" than Fortes ii. 

I had a similar problem... I ended up buying walnut Chorus 1's b/c I wanted the front ports, not a rear passive. I A/B'd my La Scalas & the Chorus for a few weeks... then I chose Chorus! (& sold my La Scalas) I'm STILL happy I kept the Chorus 1's over my LaScalas 3 yrs later.

• Like 2

The information about either speaker with a passive needing space is very accurate. My Chorus II sounded much better with about a foot or more of space behind them and the corner/wall. In my opinion, the Chorus are in a totally different league than the Forte’s. If you listen at higher volumes the differences become more apparent. Chorus has much more presence and power. 

• Like 3

I'm a little late to this. In my opinion, the forte 2 sounds better than the chorus 1. The price for the chorus 1 is way over priced. In my opinion, if you could get either pair for the same fair price, I would get the forte 2. I've had both at the same time and did some A+B comparisons, the midrange in the forte 2 and chorus 2 were much nicer than the chorus 1.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

I'm a little late to this. In my opinion, the forte 2 sounds better than the chorus 1. The price for the chorus 1 is way over priced. In my opinion, if you could get either pair for the same fair price, I would get the forte 2. I've had both at the same time and did some A+B comparisons, the midrange in the forte 2 and chorus 2 were much nicer than the chorus 1.

Yes, agreed.  But, bass between the two is quite different. Chorus I can and probably should be ON the back wall. Forte II need be off the back wall by likely at least a foot depending on your room / listening habits. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 10:01 AM, YK Thom said:

That's great the they were compared. The issue with this video though is the music because there's too much thrashing going on all at once in order to discern more meticulously how each instrument is being presented from a relative standpoint. I forgot to mention though that if the music you listen to sounds better to your ears, that's all that matters I suppose.