GPA Altec 604 in Altec 612a Cab - price drop

justinsweber

Freshly completed Altec 612a Monitor cabs, Rosewood veneer, wonderful full size grills with Neo magnets.

Drivers are new GPA Altec 604s (brand new)

Crossovers are custom ampsandsound 4th/4th Linkwitz Riley with autoformer for HF attenuation. HF can be attenuated in 1db increments crossing at 1500hz.

The speaker is flawless and sounds amazing. If you know, then you know.

Happy though ship via road freight from 92656. Will require 1 single large pallet. Speakers weight 100-150 each. 

I have $6250 in parts. Asking $5000. 

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4277.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4278.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry for late reply. 
I’ve tried a bunch of amps and enjoyed.  My fav paining is my Bryce amps. They are SE but have fixed bias. Their bass is aa but unreal.  I also think ALKs crossover does a lot to help things.  The GPA crossover did some phase adjustments without telling you and was more or less unlistenable as a result.  

Cabinet work was from a guy on eBay but we reworked it a bunch. Veneer work was Us.  It’s an engineered Rosewood in a satin finish.

I’ll try to shot a video in the next several days.  I’m in process of remaining part of my office so everything is broken down.   

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • justinsweber changed the title to GPA Altec 604 in Altec 612a Cab - price drop