DSP Recommendations

Westerml

Working on next steps with DSP on my K402/LaScala (or KPT low cabinet)/UCS1 system. 3-way XO setup with XO points at 480/420 to LaScala and 50hz to mono UCS1 sub (since I only have 1). Currently using my DBX PA2 and Driverack260 since I understand them and are easy to adjust variables (for me) because I know them. As part of a recent acquisition I have an older XILICA XD8080 and getting familiar to its interface. It’s certainly not as simple as my PA2 iPad interface. I.e. how do you just turn off the limiter on XILICA in the windows program/setup. I will figure it out but not the simplest, UI. 

Anyone have a suggestion on my DSP application? Should I use the XILICA? XILICA, folks say it is still a pretty decent processor even at its age. I would rather not buy anything but…. DBX equipment sounds pretty good but best suited for live sound PA work or venue work. 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Mike

• 1 month later...

Mike, I have had success lately with CamillaDSP software running on a Raspberry Pi 4 and using a MOTU UltraLite Mk5 audio interface to provide crossovers, equalisation, delays and gain to a tri-amped K-Horn with a modified top  hat (Eliptrac horn and B&C DCX464 co-ax driver).

I understand the Xilica has very limited FIR filter capability (with some models having none) which limits phase correction.

links :

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/camilladsp-cross-platform-iir-and-fir-engine-for-crossovers-room-correction-etc.349818/

My crossover

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/camilladsp-cross-platform-iir-and-fir-engine-for-crossovers-room-correction-etc.349818/post-7213813

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rpi4-camilladsp-tutorial.29656/

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 1:07 PM, Westerml said:

Should I use the XILICA? XILICA, folks say it is still a pretty decent processor even at its age.

I, too, was interested in Xilica (in my case an XP 4080) but I’d be cautious before purchasing. Xilica’s website lists the XP 4080 as a “legacy accessory”. I’ve not been able to get a response from the company despite several e-mails and phone calls.

Given that level of commitment to the product, I’d suggest looking elsewhere.

The only complaint I've heard about the DBX products is a hight level of signal required on the inputs.

A lot of people here use the xilica, but I haven't wrapped my head around the various xilica models.

I have a DBX Venue 360, and just getting everything hooked up. I had several people recommend it to me and I'm looking forward to trying it.

2 hours ago, OO1 said:

that's quite odd , I've reached them very easily by phone  via  technical support 

What about other than tech support?

Called tech support because it was the only phone number listed on their web site. Tech support said they’d get Sales to call to let me know where to find a dealer. Nothing. No response e-mails sent via their website’s “Contact us” either. Seems they’re uninterested.