Klipsch 5.1 ??

gku929

Will Klipsch come out with a set of digital 5.1 speakers anytime soon?? I'm in the market of buying one, and i do like my current v2.400 set.

If not, can someone recommend me a set that are of equal, or excel, klipsch in quality and performance?

I care about how loud my subwoofer sounds, most of the speaker sets in the market don't have a high tolerance sub and "burp" at hi volumes.

Define digital speakers. I think the closest you can come to those are electrostatic speakers, which, to my knowledge, klipsch has never made.

If you really want 5.1, pick up an energy, nht, or paradigm 5.1 speaker package for $1k. The promedias are designed to be computer speakers, not home theater. No offense, but if you want 5.1, buy home theater speakers. There are some home theater in a box(HTIB) packages, which usually run around $400-$600. These are usually decent speakers, although still follow the sat/sub combo(which is bad). When you get in the $1000 range, you move up to the bookshelf/sub combo, which is much better quality wise.

However, avoid BOSE as all cost. They are pure marketing with very poor products for the money. Pretty much avoid any mass market electronic store(ie circuit city, wiz etc) when buying speakers. Go to a store that specifically sell speakers(which are generally still mom and pop type stores.) For more info on speakers, check out http://www.hometheaterforum.com .

Avoid home theatre packages in a box at ALL costs. 99.999% of them are complete garbage, and for the same price, you could build a MUCH better system.

I have my HT setup in my room, and it actually looks quite nice (if ya have room for it all), so don't discount it on that alone.

As for Videologic speakers, they're good, and in some regards, better than the Pro's, but a HT package would STILL blow the Videologic speakers outta the water.

My setup cost a total of about 700 - 750 USD, so by shopping around, it should be pretty easy to locate good components.

My setup consistes of 2 pairs of Acoustic Reaearch 206HO's for the corner speakers, an Acoustic Research CS25HO for the centre channel, a Sony SAWM40 sub, and a Yamaha HTR5250 reciever, all hooked upto a Philips Acoustic Edge.

By shopping around, I managed to find those AR speakers, which were discontinued, so the price of one pair of the 206HO's went from 250 USD to 75 USD. Same deal with the centre channel, and the sub, while fairly cheap price wise at 150 USD, is EXTREMELY good, and can pound hard enough to shake your foundation smile.gif