Power Tube Prices

mopardave

Whats going on with the prices and availability of the vacuum tubes now days.  Haven't bought any tubes in a couple years. I'm now looking for a quad of KT77.  I like the JJ's, But are hard to find from a good dealer.    I did order a quad of KT77 GL from Kevin Deal, but still looking for other KT77 in a good price range.  Where are you guys now buying your tubes?    I was also looking for the psvane MKii gray glass, but can't find any in the states.    Who do you guys by these from?

7 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I am just using common sense I can actually feel myself when I go shopping. Worse I have seen.. No bureaucrat figure is going to change what I can feel in my pocketbook. Do not believe what you see, believe what I tell you is what you hear a lot these days. 

• Like 1

I agree, no political postings.

I just know what I see and feel when I go to the grocery store or purchase anything online. Eggs have gone from $1.25 a dozen at Wal-Mart in my hometown to real close to $5.00 a dozen in just a few months. That is if they even have any. Just an example. Do not know reason or whys just what I see and feel. Reminds me of pictures of Russian stores with empty shelves I saw decades ago when I have to go grocery shopping. 

On 1/3/2023 at 6:58 AM, henry4841 said:

I will agree about prices but it is the same with almost everything you buy these days. Worse inflation I have ever seen in my 73 years. Call it what you want. 

Everything is now priced as Speculation I quit buying any audio equipment

I am not paying a premium for something that will no doubt need repair

• Like 2

Glad I stocked up a few years ago. Especially with 6P14P-EV power tubes from Russia/Ukraine. I'm set for life at this point although I did just order some Telefunken ECF-82's. Not cheap but sound so good in my amp.