Jubilee Bass Cabinets

Westerml

Anyone have any Jubilee Bass cabs they are looking to get rid of? I don’t know much about the history or design changes. I would expect the latest and greatest Jub is in a league of its own. I am trying to see if it’s possible to find Jubilee bass cabinets. I have my 942/4 cabinets as original and LaScala as current low end but would love to have the jubilee bass cabinets. Does anyone ever sell them? What is the, “underground jubilee”.

Is it crazy to try and find these.

Thanks for any feedback, Mike

26 minutes ago, Westerml said:

Hey Mark, thanks for the response. I have one and looking for another. This is what I am looking to match shown below. Not sure of age, revision, etc. it has K31-E’s in it. 

Thanks for any ideas. 

Mike

99D25FEB-ABA0-4C11-B4F0-5D6478FDD165.jpeg

check on Ebay , there was a 100%   identical unit for sale 

You did fine, though finding a pair is certainly better.

The Underground Jubilee was 'the original' Jubilee and was in their Cinema line for a number of years.  Then, some Boneheads bought them and put them in their homes.

Roy had some interesting ideas thinking he could maybe mate a vent with a horn....  created it, might have patented it (or not, I don't know) and he put that to work in the "new and improved" Jubilee....what is now called the Heritage.  I think the "Underground" came to be from Roy who went from nobody in the world having a Jubilee in their home....  to people figuring out how (with his help I might add) to "work the system" and get a pair for their home.  The original version (Underground) was designed as a HOME speaker but, the company never put it into production as a HOME speaker.... so those who have a pair might be heretics.... and went underground to figure out how to buy a pair....hence the name.  (that's my story and I'm sticking with it though I don't know it to be 100% accurate)

So in a sense, you have the Jubilee I instead of the Jubilee II.  The newer version (again, as I understand as I've never seen nor heard them) but the newer version has the same K402 on top so it's the bass bin that's new/different/improved.  It digs deeper than the Jubilee I because of the added vent in the horn.

They can be difficult to find but as you've seen, not impossible.

• Like 2

You guys are cracking me up. @babadono yes I like mono…:) but not all the time. The new heritage is way out of my league as well. I respect that none of you guys are telling me what to do. True Pro’s. Someone tell me what to do…:). Is it possible to build one of these? I am not a wood guy but are plans attainable if I can never find another one of these.

@Coytee is my single similar to your pair or are they a different generation of the “underground”? I am trying to understand how many generations of Jubilees there are. I see some have 4 shelf brackets and some have 3. I did read a thread that cited some differences.

could I use this as a sub short term. I saw one person had jubiscalas and used the Jub box as a sub. Not ideal but….

Thanks all…I know I am exhausting this one..

No offense but you have an aweful lot of questions after the fact.  Bascailly, you could keep that speaker and be on the lookout for another.  It might take a few years.  They are out there.  If you can't hold onto it then get rid of it. 

I see little use for it as is.  It is not a sub.  It really needs its sister.

You just got yourself into an easy long term project.  🙂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Westerml said:

No offense taken @mark1101 and you are correct. An impulse situation and apologize for the nonsense. Seriously. The single cabinet makes no sense for me at this stage. 

Mike

These guys know but buying a single Dingle for that money is well, unreal.

I would hold out to see if you can find another one. If you can't find another one in a reasonable time frame, resell it to someone who will be happy to buy it.

The economy isn't headed anywhere wonderful, and I see a lot of people starting to dump nicer speakers/electronics, or at least they are thinning the herd.  You know, they are wanting to put food on the table for their families and all...

Additional thought... If you're not comfortable with woodworking, hire someone to build you a cabinet.  Then you can just be on the lookout for the 2 drivers.

13 hours ago, Westerml said:

is my single similar to your pair or are they a different generation of the “underground”?

There is but one "underground".  It might have little supports in it "wings" like the older versions do (mine).  Roy then realized he could take the little "wings" out and replace them with SHELVES which would make it stronger and at same time, easier for them to manufacture.  Same cabinet, just some different construction for the production crew with side benefit of extra strength.

I think the TRIPLE original prototype had NO 'wings' in it.  They were added later on when a couple units had a panel vibrate.  

Here's a thought....  (I've got no idea what the price is for what you're looking at)

I originally thought about getting three of them.  Using one for center....  until some schmuck-head came up with the idea of maybe using a LaScala with 402 on top instead of a full Jubilee.  

Rigma built a pair.  It's not a complicated build but I don't know that any accurate plans are out there.  Also, I'd wonder if you have to be as exact with this as you might with a Khorn.  As said above, then you just keep eyes out for a quad of K31's (or buy a pair of KLF-30's as I think those are the ones that use same woofers)

Below is a picture of one of the prototypes.  In it you can see the unpainted "wing" in the back.  These were added afterwards to help tame the back wall from resonating, the shelves came afterwards.

Jube with sticker.JPG

DSCN4844.JPG

DSCN4845.JPG

DSCN4847.JPG

• Like 2