Jubilee Bass Cabinets

Westerml

On 1/8/2023 at 6:04 AM, Westerml said:

What a great group.

Do I like the thought/idea of a (2)-12” Bass cabinet? Yes, but there is certainly nothing wrong with a LaScala 15” bass bin as most of us know. With the exception of some of the resonance issues. i.e. @Islander LaScala 2 solution I suspect. For now I just notch it at 148hz on my oldies. Also, while the new Jub Heritage with its ports can get low the UJ bass bin probably sounds best with sub(s). And that is certainly not criticism. Maybe UJ with good sub(s) sounds even better than ports. My LaScala 15” crossed at 50hz to my Yorkville UCS1P horn sub sounds good. The Yorkville does not go low enough (it’s for PA use) so that good be a logical change/pursuit to a good pair of horn loaded stereo subs.

Always learning. Great forum!

Mike

I should point out that the 148 Hz peak in the La Scala bass horns is not a resonance issue, or it would have been eliminated by the stiffer and resonance-free La Scala II cabinets.  Confirming this, Roy’s Dx38 settings are the same for the original La Scala and for the La Scala II bass horns.

Instead, the peak is a quirk due to the shape of the bass horns.  No matter, since it’s simple to not just lessen, but actually eliminate, that notorious bass peak if you’re using a digital processor to EQ the sound from your JubScalas.

Also, I’ve never before, at least to my face, been accused of being eloquent, so thanks for that!  I appreciate it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there... I'm back.

Been gone way too long...BUT I am seeking a single Jub BIN now.

(I'll buy a pair of LF Bins, IF they came up)

...BUT until then, a SINGLE LF BIN will certainly work with WHAT I am about to do to MY 5.1 Jubilee setup.

IF anyone sees a SINGLE , ...  that THEY are NOT wanting to GRAB,

PLEASE shout out to me directly (Born2Rock@Comcast.net , 281.469.1111)

...and NO i do NOT want that single LF Bin 

that is 'price-gouged' on eBay @ $3500+shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304759549181 . 

I , ...just like @Coytee , purchased my first complete pair of Underground Jubilees in the $6000 price range .   

*ANYWAY, thanx for keepin the look out for me.

~Rock On , 

Craig LeMay

Born2Rock@Comcast.net