Khorns - Signed by PWK in Brazilian mahogany !!!

Curmudgeon

Well, this could be a very interesting auction. Klipschorns in Brazilian mahogany signed by Paul Klipsch (per the seller). No pictures on the listing yet but boy would I like to own this pair! They don't match my current Khorns exactly but who cares, they're autographed by THE MAN! Kinda get the feeling that these could (and should) set a eBay record, though. Hell, if I win these I would even drive to California to pick them up (I'm in VA), I wouldn't give UPS or FEDEX a remote chance at damaging them. Excuse me for now - gotta go see the loan officer (or should that be mortgage officer 1.gif )!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3001022493

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, unfortunantly you won't be getting any competition in the bidding from me (I'm broke right now), but how sweet it would be to own a pair of Klipschorns signed by the late, great PWK (may he rest in peace)! But I can dream...9.gif

Good luck to you! 2.gif

I contacted the seller and got the photos. He was not able to upload them because of the size of the photos, they were huge. I resized them and sharpened them up a bit for him and sent them to him. Maybe he'll put the photos on ebay now. I've attached one here.

How do you get the photos right in with this text page, instead of a separate attachment? I've seen some on this forum but I don't know how to do it. I've got three other photos, including one of the PWK signature.

Boy I'm tempted to drop my re-veneering project and buy these! But I've already got the Rosewood veneer, and the Khorns for that matter! These are 3000 miles away!

Someone's going to get a very special pair of Khorns.

Notice in the photo that he doesn't have them in corners!

Greg

post-11090-13819246139448_thumb.jpg

Here's the photo of PWK's signature on the Khorn.

Somebody please tell me how to get a photo on this text page instead of an attachement. I hate attachements and having to backtrack.

I hope a Klipsch person gets these and gives them a good home. I wish it could be me, but they're so far away.

Here's the serial numbers for anyone who's interested.

19X574,19X575

Greg

post-11090-13819246139828_thumb.jpg

Wow, I have been quietly acquiring oiled walnut K-horns for a 7.1 Khorn system... but, thanks to this Curmudgeon post, I am sorely tempted... since they are just a few hills from my mountain retreat. Sure would be nice if he put 'em on the Forum before the mess of eBay. It would be nice to see some pics... =HornEd

PS: Anyone savvy enough to post this auction is a few frowning comments short of being a true curmudgeon... but the wife 'n kids sale snapped you right back into form! LOL

----------------

On 1/15/2003 7:17:24 AM greg928s4 wrote:

I contacted the seller and got the photos. He was not able to upload them because of the size of the photos, they were huge. I resized them and sharpened them up a bit for him and sent them to him. Maybe he'll put the photos on ebay now. I've attached one here.

How do you get the photos right in with this text page, instead of a separate attachment? I've seen some on this forum but I don't know how to do it. I've got three other photos, including one of the PWK signature.

Boy I'm tempted to drop my re-veneering project and buy these! But I've already got the Rosewood veneer, and the Khorns for that matter! These are 3000 miles away!

Someone's going to get a very special pair of Khorns.

Notice in the photo that he doesn't have them in corners!

Greg

----------------

Greg

That was a decent thing you did there Greg!

Everytime i think ive seen the most awesome

set of these speakers....,another comes along.

That just blows me away

Has anyone ever seen a set in Zebrawood?

The Klipsch store i worked for, sold a set

to a retired Col,but i never seen them outside

of the packing crates

I hear its a very deep, rich grained finish.

and the cost is allmost double , that of the

standards,. black,.oak,.walnut,..etc

Im attaching a pic of a set i had seen on

ebay i think,..before christmas.

1965 horns in glorious oiled walnut

These look well cared for

But i luv the grille cloth

Can't say ive ever seen that cloth before.

Nothing like the ORiginals....eh boys

Even more valuable with PWKs "john Handcock"

enjoy

ROb

post-4645-13819246140648_thumb.jpg

Rob,

I am glad that you posted that PIC. My "tigerwood" k-horns are the zebrawood that you posted. actually, the grain on mine is more pronounced (more contrast with a reddish tone). When I finally borrow a digital camera and have some time, I will post a pic. I absolutely love them. The owner told me that they were $10K. I don't believe him, but I imagine that they do cost more. Does anyone know what they go for new?

Chris

Unfortunately, once auction has started on Ebay, you cannot add pictures. Bad for me has I am getting way to many emails. I should have put these speakers on the forum first, should have known where all the Klipsch lovers live. Please fill free to ask me any questions. I would be more inclined to really help with the shipping if it were one of you guys who win the auction. In fact I may stop the auction and restart it with pictures thanks, to a new friend in Maine.

Not suprisingly 3 days left and already they are within a couple of hundred of my limit8.gif

Oh well maybe Cameron will succumb to a serious Primal impulse ..... actually that would be more likely than those beauties going for my kind of gelt.

Ok boys and girls since I missed the Patricians by about $6000.00 I feel qualified to ball park these babies in the 5000 - 6000 range. Any other bets ?

----------------

On 1/15/2003 7:59:40 PM tigerwoodKhorns wrote:

Rob,

I am glad that you posted that PIC. My "tigerwood" k-horns are the zebrawood that you posted. actually, the grain on mine is more pronounced (more contrast with a reddish tone). When I finally borrow a digital camera and have some time, I will post a pic. I absolutely love them. The owner told me that they were $10K. I don't believe him, but I imagine that they do cost more. Does anyone know what they go for new?

Chris

----------------

Chris

oh,.they are Zebrawood??

that explains that large graining..

I can't remember the guy on ebay saying zebrawood,..though

..Oh well.

$10k,..?? i believe it...

there was a belief around the shop that

PWK's boys would make it (finish wise) ,.if

you wanted to pay for it.

The boss told me, that there are some very

exotic finished Horns that were shipped to the

Orient.

$$$$$$$$$$

Personally,.. i like the darker the finish

the better.

But this stuff at the times they were made

stood up with some of the finest furniture

available....anywhere

i mean..even my Cornwalls in the CWO with the

finished risers..stood the test.

fine sound...fine furniture

(and the second part is how i know im gonna

get my horns into the house.....ha ha!!)

Are all the furniture finishes gone now?

options,...etc

bee good

Rob