Khorns - Signed by PWK in Brazilian mahogany !!!

Curmudgeon

As the audience applause subsides...Congrats Steve! Just out of curiosity, did you buy these more for the historic attribute or would you have bought nicely finnished Khorns anyway? It looks like you've got bunches of Heresies and Fortes, but no Khorns. I'm asking because when I first heard the Khorns A/B with other Heritage models, I had to have the horns!

Do tell us more once you get them in place!

Don't forget the pics!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

Since you asked about the new La Scalas, I'll take a short diversion and pass along some information. This comes from a very reliable inside source.

The tweeters will be made by BNC, P Audio will make the mid's, and Eminence will make the woofers. The bass will still drop off rapidly below 50 Hz, but the mid-range prominence (slight high volume harshness) will be reduced. Highs will be more extended, up to 20 kHz. The sound will be more neutral overall, compared to the "old" La Scalas, with a smoother blend between the drivers. Drivers are unique to Klipsch are were co-engineered to work with the new crossovers (driver and crossover development took about a year). Tweeter and mid horns will be flush mounted on front of the faceplates.

Steve

Steve,

Welcome to the forum! I can already see you would be valuable asset here in 2-channel. Don't be a stranger.

I don't know why, but those sold for just about what I thought they would. They're beautiful, and as far as I'm concerned -- the signature alone was worth $2k. Obviously, from a historical perspective -- these are going to be priceless someday.

I'm actually surprised Klipsch didn't bid on them -- they would have looked nice in the museum.

• 5 weeks later...