Does Klipsch still make/sell the Titanium mid diaphragms for the K-52K Driver/Horn?

RichMaty

•  

I believe the part number is KLP-127122?  I’m assuming they will fit my drivers since they look identical to the ones in them now. I read that somewhere that this is a worth while upgrade. I already replaced the diaphragms in the tweeters in my klf20s and my Klf -C7 with the Ti diaphragms.  It made a huge difference in the center channel C7. But I’m not sure if my ears pick up the Change in the klf20s yet,  might need more break in time. I just pulled all these speakers out of storage been sitting for like 20 years. My dad used them for a very short time and them put them away. I’ve been using RF3 for the past 20 years without issue for home theater so I thought I’d give these KLfs a try. 

Also anyone know if Klipsch stills makes and sells the mid range horns for this series of speakers?  One on the has a small crack that I will apoxy for now. But new horns would be nice if I can get them.  Also I have experience the rattle from the loose joints on these boxes that surprisingly never was an issue on the RF3s. So was going to run epoxy all around the edges on the inside of the boxes for now. 

Is there any advantage to building new boxes out of like 12 ply birch plywood (I own a cabinet shop).  That is also an option. 

Any input would be appreciated.  I’m new to the forum and with the hobby of modifications to these speakers like I said my RF3s have been working flawlessly for 20 years with no issues. Just thought I’d try something new. 
    Thanks

Rich

•  
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichMaty said:

•  

I believe the part number is KLP-127122 

Also anyone know if Klipsch stills makes and sells the mid range horns for this series of speakers?

Rich

the klipsch part number 127122 is the Midrange Titanium diaphragm,   klipsch do sell the parts  , as far as the horn , I think klipsch  no longer manufacture these parts , your best bet is to place a Wanted ad in the Garage Sale section for used set 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RichMaty said:

Also anyone know if Klipsch stills makes and sells the mid range horns for this series of speakers?  One on the has a small crack that I will apoxy for now. But new horns would be nice if I can get them.

There's a pair of used horns for a decent price on eBay right now don't come up for sale too often:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385327539043?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160811114145%26meid%3D1aa2ba6ee39a4d938edde2fb67aa3aef%26pid%3D100667%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D385327539043%26itm%3D385327539043%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2351460%26brand%3DKlipsch&_trksid=p2351460.c100667.m2042

• Thanks 1

Thanks 001 for the info 👍

And thanks jjptkd for the find. I hope they fit my boxes cuz I just bought them …. Lol. Been looking on EBay for midrange horns for KLF20s but didn’t know the name so nothing was coming up. So CF-2 is the name of the horn portion?  Sorry like I mentioned I’m new to the restoration hobby and just learning about all this. I’ve been back and forth with Michael Crites about the mid drivers and I think the next upgrade might be his A-55G/2 drivers as the Ti diaphragms have been on back order for over a year and no expected date in sight. Just not sure my 50 year old ears will tell the difference to justify the extra $600 upgrade. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks again for all the help guys. 
Rich

Edited by RichMaty
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, RichMaty said:

$600 upgrade. 🤷‍♂️

save yourself some money   klipsch Parts sell the K-53- Titanium  driver  (  used in the Heresy III /Cornwall III .)    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RichMaty said:

And thanks jjptkd for the find. I hope they fit my boxes cuz I just bought them …. Lol. Been looking on EBay for midrange horns for KLF20s but didn’t know the name so nothing was coming up. So CF-2 is the name of the horn portion?  

No problem, glad I could help! The horn is the k-703 it was used in the KLF-20/30, KV-4 and CF-2 speakers, possibly others? The newest version is the k-703m used in the forte III / IV same thing with "mumps" I believe. Personally if I were you I'd focus on the cabinet integrity before buying new parts get them things rock solid first that will make a big difference then go from there. There's a few threads here on the forum with tips on how to get it done if you use the search bar. Good luck with your restoration they're great speakers when working properly.

• Like 2