Feng shui and audio

The Dude

Mods, if this isn't the correct location and this belongs more in the lounge, feel free to move.

So recently my wife has been big into interior design which has lead her to what one may say, the art of Feng Shui.

Has anyone taken Feng Shui into consideration whit their sound system?

I know most probably pay more attention basic room acoustics and speaker placement, so this more of a compromise with the wife for WAF and being able to have an audio systems in certain rooms.  I guess the one thing that caught my interest was the mention of missing corners and how it could affect sound.

6 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Keep your wife out of your audioits your home too

She let's me have my fun, three systems in three rooms, one being her office.   I'm just trying to find ways to weasel more systems in the house😈.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, The Dude said:

She let's me have my fun, three systems in three rooms, one being her office.   I'm just trying to find ways to weasel more systems in the house😈.

Well your wifes WAF in view to your audio hobby seems to be quite big . Mine hasn´t any interest in my hobby at all , so I´m glad to have my own musicroom where she rarely stays . The only thing I know about Feng Shui and Music is a kind of " New age " sound which was quiet popular in the middel till end of the 1980´s

You can listen to a nice example here , hope that this link works

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Dr Morbius said:

Feng shui is just like astrology, utter nonsense. 

Politely I ask you what is nonsense about it

The asian doctrine states that there are five elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water. The art is to bring these into a balanced relationship, so that the Chi, the life energy can flow. Through the targeted use of materials, colors and shapes, a room can be harmonized or certain effects can be achieved. The goal of Feng Shui is to establish the harmonious and productive cycle of the elements, and to identify and correct negative and inhibiting factors within the elemental cycle. At first, this principle may sound complicated, but feng shui is all about setting up intuitively and listening to your inner voice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Morbius said:

Feng shui is just like astrology, utter nonsense. 

"I don't know how many you people believe in astrology...

Yeah, that's right...that's right, baby, I...I am a
Sagittarius
The most philosophical of all the signs
But anyway, I don't believe in it
I think it's a bunch of bullshit, myself
But I tell you this, man, I tell you this
I don't know what's gonna happen, man, but I wanna have
My kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames
Alright!"

• Thanks 1