What should I use to paint my speakers?

Erivera1990

12 minutes ago, Erivera1990 said:

I just got off the phone with Valspar Co., Got transferred twice, no one knew anything about a valspar #40 sheen, lol. I'm just going to buy the one for cabinets, I'm pretty sure is going to look good! I will upload few pictures after.

I agree.  If you get a good quality Satin black, I'm sure they will be just fine.

1 hour ago, Erivera1990 said:

Satin or semi gloss? 

klipsch use  2  shades  of  black -  matte black and satin black 

- black satin - gloss ratio  25 % -in comparison  , flat black is 0% gloss , and 50% for semi-gloss  .

-matte black- gloss ratio  10%    versus flat black

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, OO1 said:

klipsch use  2  shades  of  black -  matte black and satin black 

- black satin - gloss ratio  25 % -in comparison  , flat black is 0% gloss , and 50% for semi-gloss  .

-matte black- gloss ratio  10%    versus flat black

Thank you for that Information! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billybob said:

In your own time, we want pics, for sure. Nice!

Definitely! I just started painting the bottom and the removable base, I was hesitant using a foam roller, but man, I followed the instructions and the results are great! I was able to apply two coats and still see the grain pattern. Tomorrow I will upload more pictures! 

20230110_171755.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

BTW People that have pretty roached spkrs might consider a textured finish like DuraTex

I was thinking on using wall texture to recreate the texture on the back and front of the speakers, but after evaluating it, mines are in good shape, so no need to do it.

Homax_4092.jpg

• Like 1

Just a picture of my progress! I'm 90% done! Just letting the paint fully cure (7days), doing small touch ups here and there. I haven't put the grills on yet, those magnets are stupid strong, does anyone know a trick or something I can make to pull them off? I don't want to pry the grills (had to do few repairs of missing edges). I'm probably going to do a new post explaining the whole process.

20230114_152449.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

No pic, sorry I am out of town

I just used a bit of a nylon lanyard, glued it to the back of the grille So an inch sticks out  .. it's not noticeable at the bottom  ..I leave the grilles on due to Dogs. 🙂

Genius! I'm going to do the same! Thank you!

• Like 2