Heresy IV Subwoofer Dust Cap Indent

Hey guys,

My girlfriend Abby got a little angry at me the other night and knowingly indented one of the woofer dust caps on my Klipsch Heresy IV’s. She knew how badly this would bother me and she was right. I’m going crazy. What do I do? Can I unscrew the woofers and indent it out from the inside? I looked online and tried the Q-tip method (super glue + q-tip then pull out) but that didn’t work and left a bit of residue. The vacuum method to me sounds a bit sketch but I’m open to anything. What’s the best way to do this. Thanks in advance.  

• Sad 1

It appears you already have super glue residue on the dust cap already. You are always going to know it is there. I would order a new woofer from Klipsch. I worked in the Collision Repair Industry for 22 years as a body shop manager specializing in foreign vehicles in Austin Tx. It always amazed what people did to each others vehicles that were in relationships. Consider yourself lucky it was only a Klipsch Woofer.

Just my two cents.

Rich

• Like 2

@Oliver Shahery take the woofer to a speaker shop and  ask them to replace the dust cap  of the woofer  with a new one  , the repair wont even show ,  and NO   be assured ........you dont need to order a new woofer , that 's really very bad advice  here , we're only talking of a paper cover with a bead  of glue   .

Randy 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, OO1 said:

@Oliver Shahery take the woofer to a speaker shop and  ask them to replace the dust cap  of the woofer  with a new one  , the repair wont even show ,  and NO   be assured ........you dont need to order a new woofer , that 's really very bad advice  here , we're only talking of a paper cover with a bead  of glue   .

Randy 

I bet he still notices the dust cap being replaced with your advice. Mine was not bad advice Randy which most of your posts are.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oliver Shahery said:

Hey guys,

My girlfriend Abby got a little angry at me the other night and knowingly indented one of the woofer dust caps on my Klipsch Heresy IV’s. She knew how badly this would bother me and she was right. I’m going crazy. What do I do?

Get out of that relationship.  Dealing with a childish vindictive partner is no way to go through life. 

• Like 3

You should be able to remove the super glue residue with acetone. Practice on a scrap of cardboard to see if it leaves a stain.

I don't think it will because it evaporates so quickly.

Try the vacuum method. You may improve your chances of success if you dampen the dust cap with some water from a spray bottle.

I think rmlowz's advice from his experience was useful. It was certainly something that never would have occurred to me.

Listen to the Dear Abbys of the forum. Not just because they're Klipsch Heresy's. First it's the dustcap, then the car. It WILL progress from there.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Oliver Shahery said:

Hey guys,

My girlfriend Abby got a little angry at me the other night and knowingly indented one of the woofer dust caps on my Klipsch Heresy IV’s. She knew how badly this would bother me and she was right. I’m going crazy. What do I do? Can I unscrew the woofers and indent it out from the inside? I looked online and tried the Q-tip method (super glue + q-tip then pull out) but that didn’t work and left a bit of residue. The vacuum method to me sounds a bit sketch but I’m open to anything. What’s the best way to do this. Thanks in advance.  

Just leave it be is best advice. Effects the sound in no way. It is just what it says it is, a dust cover to prevent dust getting inside the voice coil. Irritating I know but hurts nothing being dented in other than appearance. Never seen when front cover is in place. 

• Like 2

I think you should spray paint on her car in big letters..........."She dented my dustcap".  😀

Then, burn all her clothes.

Then, burn her car after you break all the windows with a hammer and slit all the tires and seats.

Then, tell her you love her and to please never do that again or you'll do something really mean next time.

I think you'll be good to go after all that.

Oh..........and I can vouch that the vacuum method works well.  Must have a canister vac with a hose.  Open the vent to reduce draw.  Be gentle.  😀