Klipsch Service.

Mikekid

I recently ordered a replacement driver for our older sub. Very close lightning strike. Very LOUD THUMP noise and done. we've lost a couple of tv's , and a  nice receiver too in the past. ~ I was very surprised Klipsch had one this old (nos) in stock  (Sw-311). Not counting the first day of ordering, the sub arrived very well packaged and on our front deck at the 3 business day mark. This all the way out here in Montana. We've been a Klipsch family since too long to remember, and now our son is very Klipsch too in his families own home. Just another reason to stick with the best~  We will be unplugging stuff around here when we can..even when in surge protection. Protection can obviously fail during some of these shenanigans around here. We live at the base of these mountains and this happens a lot. Overhead strikes. Have had enough with losing stuff here. 🙃  Just a quick thank you to you folks at Klipsch. Always a class act.👌 All the very best ~Mike   (image was taken after midnight from front deck a few summers ago.) UNPLUG the good STUFF!

_MG_1345ccreduced size.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have 3 very decent protectors...one got fried some time ago, so bought another soon after to replace. Have never heard of zeroSurge. Will be looking at that. 👍 Had a strike hit very close to me one day...I didn't understand why may hair all over felt like static. Scared the sh outta me . This one was last summer...leaning out from under garage. almost straight up overhead. (edit:...looking into that ZeroSurge outfit right now...but will continue later too... Build in USA too  👍 Thanks for recommend Billybob.)

_05A2825_En (5)d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you have big $$ invested to your electronics, for surge protection I would only spend money on high quality, industrial/institutional grade isolation transformers, along with point of entry surge protection (after the utility power meter, but before your circuit breaker box). These are inherently safe, have no moving parts and have the additional benefit of not passing noise from your utility to your sound system power supply (if they have a Faraday shield built in).

Even with all these, I still throw all the dedicated breakers powering the sound system when not listening to it.

Power strips are basically useless IMHO, too little surge protection rating, and they take too long to disengage compared to the short duration voltage spikes.

Keep in mind all these protection devices will fail in a near lightning strike. Almost everything manmade will. These devices protect against very short duration, high voltage spikes that come across utility lines from numerous causes.

Edited by Quad Khorns
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Quad Khorns said:

When you have big $$ invested to your electronics, for surge protection I would only spend money on high quality, industrial/institutional grade isolation transformers, along with point of entry surge protection (after the utility power meter, but before your circuit breaker box). These are inherently safe, have no moving parts and have the additional benefit of not passing noise from your utility to your sound system power supply.

Even with all these, I still throw all the dedicated breakers powering the sound system when not listening to it.

Power strips are basically useless IMHO, too little surge protection rating, and they take too long to disengage compared to the short duration voltage spikes.

Keep in mind all these protection devices will fail in a near lightning strike. Almost everything manmade will. These devices protect against very short duration, high voltage spikes that come across utility lines from numerous causes.

I could tell you stories...

• Like 1