Jeff Beck has passed...

Dave1291

@Mossy bottomMet him in 67 when he was playing for the Yardbirds and have rarely missed a show since.  Had two to his stop in Cincy in October and couldn't make it.  Sucked big time and now this?  Just crazy.  He bent those strings and took it to another level from the beginning.  Never took a prisoner.  You always left dragging your jaw about something he pulled off.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've only seen a couple others that I think would be worthy of sharing the stage with the wonderful guitarist Mr. Beck.

Sure that Eric Clapton has played with him.

Not sure if Robin Trower ever did, although his style might be more similar to some of Jeff's work.

I mean are there many out there that can extract then impart the levels of emotion out of a guitar as only he could?

RIP

BIG loss to our world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I did Sound for Beck maybe 45 years ago

Rochester War Memorial ..

BeckOla Tour maybe

He was a dick, his own Crew didn't like him  ... skinny little guy .. prolly got beat up a lot on the school bus

School's out.....like no class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I did Sound for Beck maybe 45 years ago

I'd have to agree with you on that.  Met him w/EC and Jimmy Page in 67 when they were doing a Yardbirds show.  He and Page were allll excited cause they'd been teasing some girls all nite and they wanted autographs.  We gravitated to EC cause he was on his way out of the band again. and packing up.   Funny watching Page & Beck make fools of themselves all excited cause they were creating a following while EC stood by himself.  Amazed they were still friends after that.

• Like 2

Everyone was young back in the day.  The thing was, he KNEW how good he was as did Jimmy Page.  EC was right there with them it was just a thing I picked up on.  Beck and the majority of the artists ALL know they're good it's their presentation, following and just all of it  Jeff was fantastic and will always have that.  One of the best ever.

• Like 1

In my experience with world champion motorcycle racers if you do not think you're better than the other guys.....well you are right. Can lead to some arrogance. Not to mention what that kind of income and access to recreational drugs can do to a personality. On his passing I'd give him a pass on being a dick in the past. I've done it you've done it but no one cares about us.

• Like 1