Anyone here using Khorns with K402 horns

jcmusic

18 hours ago, Marvel said:

Isn't the UJ only 24" deep? The Khorn cabinet is 28", correct?

The K-402 is really a shallow horn.

Now that I think about it, the person who had this issue with the K402 pushing he Khorn away from the corner had a vaulted ceiling of some sort.  It was more of height issue than depth issue. 

On 1/12/2023 at 6:56 AM, jcmusic said:

I was just wondering if anyone here has tried this and if so what were the results? It seems to me that the 402 horn is an improvement over the original horns used in the Khorns?

Anyway I am just curious about this in terms of sound quality.

It has good sound quality.

P1030279C.JPG.9ae7bc3a50374bf7ded99ef41c8863dd.JPG

• Like 4

On 1/13/2023 at 3:39 PM, MEH Synergy said:

That seems an understatement.  How would you compare the jbl horn to the 402 on the same bass bin? 

Using the K-402s on the Klipschorns produces the excellent sound while using all Klipsch parts. Another fun fact is that buying the horns from a Klipsch forum member was a great experience in itself! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2023 at 5:21 PM, jcmusic said:

Well that much I am sure of, how does it sound to your old Khorn setup? What was your Khorn setup before the change to the K402 Horn?

I had used some 18"x10" horns with 2" drivers. I could have lived with those "good enough" horns, but the K-402 is better.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2023 at 2:07 PM, Emile said:

Contact @tromprof . Believe he has Khorns with K-402's :) 

Yes, I have 402's on my K-horns. I have tried many different horns (including Volti) over the years, the 402 is the best by a huge margin. The stock drivers that come with them are quiet good, though at some point I will try the Celestion given their stellar reviews. Active crossovers are a must to get all the goodness.

They fit easily on top and don't affect corner placement.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tromprof said:

Yes, I have 402's on my K-horns. I have tried many different horns (including Volti) over the years, the 402 is the best by a huge margin. The stock drivers that come with them are quiet good, though at some point I will try the Celestion given their stellar reviews. Active crossovers are a must to get all the goodness.

They fit easily on top and don't affect corner placement.

That is really good info and good to know thanks.

On 1/12/2023 at 2:36 PM, OO1 said:

not sure  you can purchase  the k-402 Horns without having to buy klipsch HF drivers as a package

Could probably sell the drivers rather easy if not needed, help bring the total cost down and help out a forum member at the same time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Could probably sell the drivers rather easy if not needed, help bring the total cost down and help out a forum member at the same time. 

definitely ,  the Axi 2050 is back-ordered everywhere , lots of people would jump on the deal , same with the K-691

• Like 1