FS: Palladium Subs Pair (P-312W) Florida (Free!)

rivlinm

I have a pair that are both not working.  They suffered some electrical issue and just don't output sound.  I would just like to sell them as is and hope someone with some experience can fix them up and enjoy them.

I'd be willing to GIVE one away if someone fixes the other....or can sell both if the price is right.'

Klipsch has been less than helpful over the years in getting me info on how to repair.

Located in FL, they are in their original boxes in a storage unit at the time, but are in amazing shape.  

PM or email to rivlinm (at) gmail dot com

Edited by rivlinm
  • Like 1

• rivlinm changed the title to FS: Palladium Subs Pair (P-312W) Florida (Free!)

Don't give up yet.  Do you have matching Palladium towers? 

What is the issue?  Is it the drivers or the amp? 

if it is the amp, you can easily just bypass the internal amp and use an outboard amp to drive these.  A lot of amps have inboard crossovers and correction software. 

Post this is subwoofers with some pics and you will get some help.  You can shop around and likely pick up a very good amp for around $500 to $750.  

Overnight they both were causing my circuit in my house to trip by drawing too much power.  Klipsh suggested (and I discovered) the inrush limiters were bad (charred and shattered on the board) so I replaced them.  They then again powered up, but didn't actually "woof". 

It's partially not knowing how to get them fixed, but mostly wife wants them both gone so I agreed to give one away in exchange in fixing the other at no cost.

Feels win win for everyone. Even if the fix is cheap, someone could have this great sub just for getting one of mine fixed.

Edited by rivlinm

38 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

if it is the amp, you can easily just bypass the internal amp and use an outboard amp to drive these.  

I'm not sure you can uses the Palladium subs as passive subs as is.  They have an integrated DSP, so I don't think the response will be correct.  Perhaps using an outboard DSP like a MiniDSP might allow you to do it, if you can measure and devise corrections. 

53 minutes ago, MMurg said:

I'm not sure you can uses the Palladium subs as passive subs as is.  They have an integrated DSP, so I don't think the response will be correct.  Perhaps using an outboard DSP like a MiniDSP might allow you to do it, if you can measure and devise corrections. 

They need DPS for a decent response?  I know a lot of amps have dps, but I never used it with my JL subs and it seems to sounder very good. 

1 hour ago, rivlinm said:

Overnight they both were causing my circuit in my house to trip by drawing too much power.  Klipsh suggested (and I discovered) the inrush limiters were bad (charred and shattered on the board) so I replaced them.  They then again powered up, but didn't actually "woof". 

It's partially not knowing how to get them fixed, but mostly wife wants them both gone so I agreed to give one away in exchange in fixing the other at no cost.

Feels win win for everyone. Even if the fix is cheap, someone could have this great sub just for getting one of mine fixed.

Great offer.  Seems like the electronic have issues like many other Klipsch subs.  Do you have the matching Palladiums or just the subs (are you trying to keep matched speakers)?  What is the finish? 

9 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Great offer.  Seems like the electronic have issues like many other Klipsch subs.  Do you have the matching Palladiums or just the subs (are you trying to keep matched speakers)?  What is the finish? 

Natural I believe is the name.  I use LS in the front and chorus2 in the rear, but am selling the chorus for space too.

I've tried contacting lots of local electrical engineers and no one wants to look into the sub.  I'm just over it to be honest.

2 minutes ago, rivlinm said:

Natural I believe is the name.  I use LS in the front and chorus2 in the rear, but am selling the chorus for space too.

I've tried contacting lots of local electrical engineers and no one wants to look into the sub.  I'm just over it to be honest.

If you are not matching a set of Palladiums, find a buyer who wants to match their speakers and can figure out how to hook up an external amp, or you seem skilled, you can add binding posts and one Crown amp to drive both subs.  Check these out, looks like just what the doctor ordered: 

hen pick up a sub from a manufacturer who specializes like JL Audio or SVS.  Even better go with a horn loaded sub to match the La Scalas.  There are some for sale in the garage section right now.     Same seller but far away:

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2023 at 4:13 PM, carlthess40 said:

What part of Florida are you at ? I’m in deltona and may are you interested in purchasing both of them ,if I can afford both

On 1/15/2023 at 4:24 PM, rivlinm said:

Tampa Bay.

I wanted to keep one, but i suppose for the right price I'll let both go, knowing they don't currently work!

PM with an offer if you'd like

I hope you guys are able to work out a deal.  @carlthess40 is a fine man to work with.

Bill

• Like 1

• 1 month later...