Brand new Promedia Heritage set up won't work

DavidWB

I just upgraded my Promedia 2.1 computer speakers to the new Promedia 2.1 Heritage set up. I plugged everything in as per instructions and the only thing that works is the BT function. I don't know why just that.  When you press the aux button on the remote, nothing happens. And when you press the power button at the top, the little LED light hole doesn't light up. I've checked batteries and checked the aux cord with a known good one. I hooked up my old Klipsch system again in the same PC ports and they worked just fine so it has to be the new system. 

I think it's just a bad remote since it won't let me change sources. I've very familiar with Klipsch products as they are all through my house. I just want to know if that little LED hole is supposed to light when power is pressed or what. Any insights are greatly appreciated. 

Forgot to add I did the firmware update as soon as I took them out of the box and that seemed to go well. 

Edited by DavidWB
add a fact

• 7 months later...

I have both Promedia systems but I have no idea what "LED hole" you're talking about. I've never used the "aux" feature until just now to test it out and the light on the subwoofer turns green which I didn't even know it could do, I thought it was just went blue (on) and red (off)

• 4 months later...

I have also just bought a Heritage 2.1. computer speaker set up. I run a Dell Tower and are using AUX ie. not bluetooth. System sounds great BUT remote does not work (Red light on remote flashes, batteries new) nor do any of the knobs on the back of the sub woofer work. Have tried a factory reset which did not work. I can control the volume from my computer, but want to adjust sub woofer.....and things to work as they should. Any ideas before I take it back to point of purchase?? And thanks for listening!

8 hours ago, Krusty said:

I have also just bought a Heritage 2.1. computer speaker set up. I run a Dell Tower and are using AUX ie. not bluetooth. System sounds great BUT remote does not work (Red light on remote flashes, batteries new) nor do any of the knobs on the back of the sub woofer work. Have tried a factory reset which did not work. I can control the volume from my computer, but want to adjust sub woofer.....and things to work as they should. Any ideas before I take it back to point of purchase?? And thanks for listening!

Have you considered contacting support?

Computer Speakers – Klipsch