Can someone tell me what these Klipsch parts are?

Jazz2020

I apologize in advance for being completely ignorant about speaker parts but can someone please tell me what these are?  I found them in a box full of mics, cords, Leslie parts, spools of speaker wire, etc.  They are quite heavy and most (maybe all)  of them seem to be magnetic.   I'm kind of thinking (just from my very limited Google-Fu skills) that they might be something called "horn drivers", which I'm guessing has something to do with the functioning of some of the Klipsch speakers that I have also inherited, but I really have no idea.    So, I'm  wondering if these are something that I can safely send to the electronic recycling centre or whether I should keep them just in case?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide in letting me know what these are.   I really appreciate it.   🙂

634710149_klipschparts.thumb.jpg.9a54d89674ffbdba0e6c18840b9a1856.jpg

Edited by Jazz2020
Details

5 hours ago, Jazz2020 said:

I'm kind of thinking (just from my very limited Google-Fu skills) that they might be something called "horn drivers"   So, I'm  wondering if these are something that I can safely send to the electronic recycling centre or whether I should keep them just in case?

Those are Klipsch k-77 tweeters used in the older Heritage line of speakers and they're worth some money so I wouldn't throw them out. If you can test them and they all work probably $300 sitting right there. If none of them work they can still be worth $100 or more as they can be fixed.

• Like 1

Each one of those tweeters is made of two parts:  the compression driver and the horn, so they’re called a “horn-loaded compression driver”, and as the other member states, they certainly have some value.  If they work, great.  If not, they can be repaired, and I don’t think repairs are very expensive.

If you have some Klipsch speakers, post pictures of them, and we can probably identify them for you.

11 hours ago, Jazz2020 said:

you'll need  an Ohmmeter , set  the dial to Ohms ,    the reading  should  be  at the minimum  in the low fives    , or above 6 Ohms for a tweeter to be in good working order  , otherwise , these tweeters would require a new diaphragm , God Bless 

• Like 1

Thank you sooooo much!   You know, I thought from reading here that this group is a veritable treasure trove of knowledge, and the four of you have just proved it!   And so kind, thoughtful, and helpful too - wow!   I reallly appreciate it a lot! 

10 hours ago, Islander said:

If you have some Klipsch speakers, post pictures of them, and we can probably identify them for you.

I do have two pairs of older Klipsch speakers as well and once I get them moved home, I will definitely take some photos and seek your expertise again.   

All I know about them really is that my husband had them for a very long time, at least since I first met him which was almost 40 years ago; one pair are in very large rectangular cabinets, all black; the other pair are smaller, corner shaped, all black.   I believe my husband referred to those as Klipschorns (which I used to think was two words, 'Klipsch Horns") and his band used them on stage.   He also referred to one set as "Klipsch monitors" and I have no idea what that means either.

Anyway, I won't bore you with my ignorance as I realize that you will need to see pictures to tell what they are.   I'm just rambling down memory lane here, sorry; there are lots of great memories wrapped up in these old beauties.  🙂 

• Like 2