Just ordered Promedia 2.1 Heritage computer speakers

Cleve

I haven't bought any new Klipsch in a long time..... or posted here......but...... it was time to replace my computer speakers in my home office.   The Promedia Heritage really caught my eye, so I thought what the heck?

Ordered today from the Klipsch website - looking forward to receiving and trying out. 

• Like 3

My ProMedias arrived yesterday afternoon - the first good sign was/is the heft of the box.  I could tell it was a substantial system.

The sub is massive - I've had Altec Lansing and Boston Acoustics 2.1 computer speaker systems - and this dwarfs the subs in those.

Anyway, to make a long story short - I've had them for 16 hrs as I write this - they're wonderful.   By far the best sounding computer speakers I've ever owned.   I tried them with both analog and in Bluetooth.     In Bluetooth mode, the remote integrates wonderfully with my Windows 10 laptop.

Also, they look very sophisticated and elegant on my desk - not some little plastic 'jewel cubes' but real speakers.   I love seeing the classic Klipsch logo on my desk.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

I really wanted to get them for my wife for her office but she uses The One there already and is perfectly happy with it.

Klipsch really did a great job designing that set!

The One is a nice speaker - A friend of mine bought one - he's not into audio that much but he appreciates the sound quality - it does sound good.   

BTW, my own wife wasn't that enamored with my purchase.   lol.    Her first question to me was "How much did those cost?"  

I told her $350.  

She replied - "Oh Je#$%"  -  lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've been listening to them all day while working - playing Pandora's Cool Jazz Radio station -  I am absolutely delighted with this system - it sounds outstanding. And the fact they look like miniature Heresies - a huge plus!!!     I found myself more than once fondly gazing at them on my desk.  Love 'em!!!!!!   

image.thumb.png.bd1d14ed79c8e7298f0c7c81d76d368c.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cleve said:

BTW, my own wife wasn't that enamored with my purchase. She replied - "Oh Je#$%"  -  lol 

She'll come around ,  give her  2  days   , she'll   borrow your computer  very often 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 5:51 PM, OO1 said:

She'll come around ,  give her  2  days   , she'll   borrow your computer  very often 

LOL - she's not an audio person at all - I bought her a high quality external bluetooth speaker for her to use with her phone a few years ago and she never uses it - it just sits collecting dust.  I will never buy her an audio product again - lol. 

• Haha 1

Likes and dislikes so far about the Promedia Heritage...

Sound quality -  amazing - the vast majority of Americans do not have a speaker system of this caliber -  and it's just my laptop system.  Anyway, I listen to music all the time now when I'm working or surfing in the study.   

Remote - great being able to easily adjust the sub level, as well as being able to mute and control volume without logging into my laptop or fiddling with a knob(s) on the system. 

Bluetooth - seamless  -  the Windows volume level pops up and shows the song playing and album cover art whenever I adjust the volume with the remote.   And the system reconnects effortlessly to my laptop when I boot it in the morning. 

On-off - system automatically powers down when I shut down the laptop, and powers up when I boot my laptop.

Aesthetics - just a beautiful looking system - what a great design choice to model them like miniature Heresies.  I love looking at them  - also the grills pop off just like regular speakers -  love seeing a Klipsch horn driver built in.  

Dislikes -  none

Improvement - my only suggestion  it would have been nice to have the remote connect wirelessly via radio or Bluetooth signal to the system like that of my Channel Master Stream Plus DVR's-  instead of having to point it under the desk where I have the sub placed.    That's a minor quibble. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had my Pro Media 2.1 computer speakers for something like 15 or more years. I may have got them when they first were offered. Mine are the black housings and THX certified. They are hands down the best computer speakers I've heard and are just very good speakers period.

My subwoofer surround disintegrated about 5 years ago so replaced the entire subwoofer driver for about 40 bucks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2023 at 7:28 AM, Cleve said:

Likes and dislikes so far about the Promedia Heritage...

Sound quality -  amazing - the vast majority of Americans do not have a speaker system of this caliber -  and it's just my laptop system.  Anyway, I listen to music all the time now when I'm working or surfing in the study.   

Remote - great being able to easily adjust the sub level, as well as being able to mute and control volume without logging into my laptop or fiddling with a knob(s) on the system. 

Bluetooth - seamless  -  the Windows volume level pops up and shows the song playing and album cover art whenever I adjust the volume with the remote.   And the system reconnects effortlessly to my laptop when I boot it in the morning. 

On-off - system automatically powers down when I shut down the laptop, and powers up when I boot my laptop.

Aesthetics - just a beautiful looking system - what a great design choice to model them like miniature Heresies.  I love looking at them  - also the grills pop off just like regular speakers -  love seeing a Klipsch horn driver built in.  

Dislikes -  none

Improvement - my only suggestion  it would have been nice to have the remote connect wirelessly via radio or Bluetooth signal to the system like that of my Channel Master Stream Plus DVR's-  instead of having to point it under the desk where I have the sub placed.    That's a minor quibble. 

I hate to burst your bubble Cleve but I highly recommend someone NOT comparing the regular Promedia speakers to the Heritage Promedia speakers because in spite of the regular Promedia's sub being smaller and lighter it somehow produces noticeably deeper bass than the Heritage Promedia sub because I actually own both sets and the bass from the Heritage Promedia system is really disappointing. Klipsch lied about it, it doesn't go anywhere near 29hz whereas the regular Promedia sub does go down to 35hz or at least that's what I hear and i'm a basshead who owns many subwoofers so if you just want a set of cool looking Klipsch computer speakers with bluetooth and a remote that produces some bass get the Heritage set but otherwise get the much cheaper regular Promedia's

By the way, in a previous post, did you actually censor the word "jerk"?

Edited by carewser

55 minutes ago, carewser said:

Probably the name of a Carpenter....  you know....  like back in biblical times...  Sort of rhymes with Hey Zus!

I also have the original Promedia computer speakers back when it was offered by Compaq for free.  4 speakers.  Back then the Promedia was offered as 4 speakers THX certified.

I recently replaced the rubbers around the subwoofer.  Amazingly, Klipsch had the parts!  These speakers sound amazing and are perfectly sized for computer operations and music and gaming.  I see NO reason to replace them other than with parts if they are still available when they wear out.

On 3/6/2023 at 5:25 PM, carewser said:

I hate to burst your bubble Cleve but I highly recommend someone NOT comparing the regular Promedia speakers to the Heritage Promedia speakers because in spite of the regular Promedia's sub being smaller and lighter it somehow produces noticeably deeper bass than the Heritage Promedia sub because I actually own both sets and the bass from the Heritage Promedia system is really disappointing. Klipsch lied about it, it doesn't go anywhere near 29hz whereas the regular Promedia sub does go down to 35hz or at least that's what I hear and i'm a basshead who owns many subwoofers so if you just want a set of cool looking Klipsch computer speakers with bluetooth and a remote that produces some bass get the Heritage set but otherwise get the much cheaper regular Promedia's

Not bursting my bubble. I've heard both sets- and the Promedia Heritage are superior in every way for music.  You may be  confusing exaggerated bass for game playing with proper bass. 

BTW,  I haven't censored anything.  Not sure what you're even talking about, but new members shouldn't start flaming long time forum members for no good reason.  I will warn you once.   Thank you.