Just ordered Promedia 2.1 Heritage computer speakers

Cleve

BTW, for those curious - I just ran a low frequency sine wave sweep thru the Promedia Heritage from 20hz up thru 60 hz, and checked with my sound meter.  

Using my sound meter 40 hz was the same sound level as 50 hz and 60hz   36 hz was down ~4 db from 40 hz    32 hz was down about 6-7 dB.   28 hz was down 8 to 9 dB.   25 hz - levels were falling way off - 13-15 dB, but there's no expectation from the manufacturer of reproducing frequencies that deep.  BTW, there was SOME response even in the mid to low 20s.    Klipsch certainly didn't exaggerate the specs for this system.     

That is certainly ample bass response for music.   

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2023 at 8:06 AM, Cleve said:

She replied - "Oh Je#$%"  -  lol 

I misunderstood, I thought your wife said, "Oh Jerk" but what she actually said was "Oh Jesus"

Regardless I don't know how someone asking a simple question could be considered "flaming"

I also don't understand why you censored it

Also, i'm not confusing anything, I own both and the regular Promedias produce clearly deeper, fuller bass than the Heritage Promedias. How others like you and the "recovering audiophile" Andrew Robinson can't hear it, I find astounding because it's very noticeable to me but then I guess that's why i'm a basshead that owns 14 subwoofers. In fact last night I set the Heritage Promedia's bass at half and turned the regular Promedia's bass to the lowest setting (you can't turn the bass off completely with the regular Promedia's) and the bass from the regular Promedia's was still deeper and fuller.

The heritage sub is just horrible so please explain to me how my other subs that claim the exact same frequency response sound much deeper. I've even repositioned the sub thinking the placement was the problem but nope, it still sounds like shit

Edited by carewser

• 9 months later...

I have now bought 4 sets of the 2.1 THX certified speakers. One for myself almost a decade ago, and the other 3 as house warming gifts, or attempts to get laid, with amazing results. I work in precision manufacturing, and with all I've learned, I can't say enough about how well these things are built. Even if you have a problem, their customer support is top notch, like you will be writing about it in some random comment, top notch..