THANK YOU for the memory

Friendlyviper

A really big shout out to nickyboy6100.  He was gracious enough to part with a set of upgraded La Scalas.  My husband has been really enjoying them...

Let me go way back...I saw Floyd in Concert at the Milwaukee County Stadium...last minute tickets...it was raining...we got there just as the bands were changing...'seated' on the concrete steps (yeah security made us move a number of times)...but under the overhang...facing center stage...concert was late starting because of the downpours...when they came on stage they started with the not yet released 'Shine on you Crazy Diamond'..when those four solo guitar notes were played the world stopped. Stadium was sooo quite...  Then those drums...--after playing that album, they then played the Dark side album---

When they got to the line 'see you on the dark side of the moon'  the clouds parted..there was a just risen full moon...centered over the venue ....seriously I hope to never forget that memory.

Nickyboy6100..I thank you from the bottom of my heart, as I just listened to "Shine On"  on the La Scalas....brought it all back--goosebumps.

• Like 7

• Moderators
On 1/21/2023 at 11:54 AM, Friendlyviper said:

A really big shout out to nickyboy6100.  He was gracious enough to part with a set of upgraded La Scalas.  My husband has been really enjoying them...

Let me go way back...I saw Floyd in Concert at the Milwaukee County Stadium...last minute tickets...it was raining...we got there just as the bands were changing...'seated' on the concrete steps (yeah security made us move a number of times)...but under the overhang...facing center stage...concert was late starting because of the downpours...when they came on stage they started with the not yet released 'Shine on you Crazy Diamond'..when those four solo guitar notes were played the world stopped. Stadium was sooo quite...  Then those drums...--after playing that album, they then played the Dark side album---

When they got to the line 'see you on the dark side of the moon'  the clouds parted..there was a just risen full moon...centered over the venue ....seriously I hope to never forget that memory.

Nickyboy6100..I thank you from the bottom of my heart, as I just listened to "Shine On"  on the La Scalas....brought it all back--goosebumps.

Awesome story.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 11:54 AM, Friendlyviper said:

Something magical about Pink Floyd on La Scala’s. I’m glad you guys are enjoying the speakers. I really didn’t want to sell them, but couldn’t imagine them going to better folks. Some things just work out as they should. 

• Like 3